Chapter 17

(3rd Person Pov:)

Everyone was currently sitted on the ground as they watched Ms. Son demonstrate different kinds of fighting moves. Right now, she's showing how to escape a bear hug.

"Once the person's arms is encircling you, slip one palm inside it to lessen the pressure in your chest and grip the outer part of their arms before slamming your head backwards to hit the person's face." She slowly demonstrates it on Momo, allowing the students to process the movements in their head.

"After that, elbow their ribs and spread your arms as hard as you can before turning your body to kick their stomach." She stops her movement and looks at her students to see if they are listening.

"You guys got it?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am!!" They answered in chorus and mentally practiced what they witnessed. Chaeyoung nods in satisfaction.

"Now that you guys know, are there any volunteers?" She asks looking at the crowd of students. Everyone looked away, clearly not wanting to be devoured by a skilled fighter.

"Me!!" One guy raises his hand confidently.
Everyone widened their eyes.

'Is he serious?!?!' They all said in their heads.
The students baffled eyes followed his figure as he goes infront. He was now face to face with Ms. Son.

'I like the confidence..' She sighs and began her stance.

"Great..now come at me with everything you got." Chaeyoung gestures her hands to him.
He scoffs and readys his stance. Chaeyoung studies his feet. She smiles before staring at him in the eye.

'But sometimes..'

The guy lets out a yell as he runs, approaching Ms.Son. Her lips twitched up to a smirk and she dodges as the guy swung an arm to her face.

He grunts and grabs her shoulders before enveloping her in a bear hug, locking her body in place. The guy smirks confidently.

'Confidence doesn't equal how good you are'

She slips one arm in before slamming her head backwards. His head flew back as he frowns in pain, but his arms remained there. She hits his ribs causing for him to buckle his knees and loosen his grip.

Seeing the opening, she swiftly turns her body and kicks his stomach. He flew from the force and roughly fell down on the ground.

"Ooof" Everyone reacted, feeling the pain as they watched.

"That must've hurt.." Yujin says while holding her stomach. The others nodded in agreement also holding their stomachs.

Ms.Son sighs and helps him up. He groans from the pain in his ribs.

"Now you see kids, your form is also important when it comes to fighting one on one." She points at him.

"His legs weren't firm when he stood in his stance. You can easily get out of balance if you don't do it properly. And it will limit your movements." The students nodded as they listened. The guy goes back to his place, mumbling in embarrassment and regret.

"For the next activity, I would like you to pair with someone in your group." Ms. Son announces. The students made eye contact with the people in their groups.

"Apply what i have taught you all in your duels. Ms. Hirai and me will be there to observe everyone. Don't hesitate to approach me if you have questions. Understood!?"

"Yes ma'am!!" The students enthusiastically replied and went off to find their members.
Ms. Son stares at the scattered students.
She sighs under her breath as she suddenly
felt nostalgic.