Chapter : 18

(Lia's Pov:)

I yawned as i rose up in bed and stretched my body. My lids opened, seeing that my vision was blurry, i rubbed my eyes to see clearly. Not long my world became clear. I looked around my room in curiosity.

'Where's mommy?' I asked myself, she was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, I felt my stomach grumble from hunger, making me caress it. I pouted.

'Im hungry..' I jumped out of bed and went to find my mother. Slowly i opened my door with a creak. Poking my head out, i looked around the hall to find her. I fully went out and closed the door.

'Maybe she's downstairs..' I thought and smiled. I hopped my way to the stairs while humming. Stopping on the railings i leaned down my body to look. I caught sight of my mother standing on the counter. I smiled and was about to call out to her.

"Mommy—" I stopped myself when i realized she wasn't alone. I ducked down and hid on the short wall. Slowly, i raised my head to peak, my eyes laid on my mothers figure as she talked.

"What do you mean??" My mother says, sounding confused. I moved my eyes on the next person, my brows rose as I studied her.

'Who is that..?' The lady looked very elegant, around the same age as my mother. She looked familiar but i had no idea who she was. I watched as they talked, tho I couldn't hear anything, they looked very serious.

"Protect your daughter.." The lady says to my mother. My mother looked surprised as she continued to talk. The lady sighs and grabbed something from her pocket before giving it to her.

"She—" Before i could hear what she said.
A painful screech rang through my mind causing for me to kneel. I held my head as
my ears hurt.

'Ouch..stop!!' I yelled in my head, hoping that it can somehow ease the pain but it just got worst. I lift my body up to the edge of the rails. I looked at the lady before my eyes widened as her hollow voice spoke in my mind.

"Your daughter lia...

..she will be in danger.."

_____________________________

(Lia's Pov:)

"Lia!!" I woke up from my trance as someone calls out my name. I looked over my shoulder and saw chaeryeong with a worried look on her face.

"You okay?? You're spacing out." She questions. With my mind still jumbled,
i shook my head and smiled at her.

"I-its okay. Im fine chaeryeong." I said assuringly. She looks at me, skeptical before nodding in the end.

"Oh by the way. Can you help us?" She pleads.
I nodded in response.

"Sure what is it?" She points somewhere making me follow her fingertips.

"Can you help us move those boxes." She looks at me embarrassingly. I faced her and chuckled.

"Sure i will, no worries." She gave me a thankful smile and hugged me.

"Thanks unnie." Chaeryeong says and heads over somewhere. I stood up from my place, sighing before making my way to the boxes. As i walked with my head down, i began to recall my weird dream.

'She will be in danger?...what does that mean..'

I've been feeling anxious ever since i woke up from that dream this morning. Im confused. What does it suppose to mean?
Tons of thoughts ran through my mind.