11- 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭

"Y/N!"

    I hear a harsh whisper, someone saying my name.

     "Y/N! Wake up! Now!" I hear it again. I groggily open my eyes to a frantic Akaashi shaking my arm. His eyes are wide and scared, and I immediately know something is wrong. I look around my dimly lit room, the only light coming from the small plug-in in the corner and the clock, reading 1:15am. I glance at the boy next to me in my bed, and my memories of what happened come back.

     Oh my god, I really asked him to get in my bed with me...

     "Y/N someone is here." He whisper-yells. My eyes widen and I sit up.

     "What?" I hiss.

     "I heard a car pull into the garage- I don't know who it is, maybe your dad?" Akaashi strains. All at once the memories of the phone call i was awoken by yesterday. My heart sank as I quickly realized who was pulling into the garage.

     "My mom." I whisper, my voice cracking. I regain my senses as i hear her car door slam shut. My eyes widen and I look at Akaashi's wide eyes.

     "We need to leave Keiji. Now. I don't know where we should go but we can't be in here. She's a fucking druggie psychopath," I say, crawling over Akaashi's body, and out of bed. He quickly follows suit and I point at the window. "Can you climb? I've done it so many times it's easy. There's the gutter right below the window that you can use as a foothold, and then another ledge under that. I have a chair on the ground below that you can jump on too. We gotta get out, follow my lead," I whisper, careful not to alert anyone that i was home. Akaashi nodded quickly, bewildered at how already know what to do. As I was sliding the window open, I hear the front door open.

     "Y/NNN! Mommy's homeee," I hear her call. I cringe at the slur in her words, always high, never present. I swing a leg out of the window, planting my foot on the gutter that's about a foot or so below me. Akaashi watches carefully as I gracefully lower myself to the ledge, then down to the chair. 

     "Your turn, Keiji. Make sure to shut the window!" I whisper yell. He nods and mimics my actions, swinging his leg over the window sill. He turns and shuts the window tightly. As he lowers himself onto the ledge, he misses completely and tumbles to the ground. I hear a low groan coming from his figure laying next to the chair. I gasp and run over to him.

     "ouch." he whispers. I giggle slightly as he sits up.

     "Are you ok?" I ask, still laughing. 

       "I think so, I just-" He gets cut off by the sound of my bedroom door opening.

     "Y/N? Are y-you okay? I h-heardd um, i heard a-a t-thud," I hear my mom say. My eyes widen and they flash to Keiji. I put my finger on my lips, gesturing for him to be quiet. He nods, understanding. I listen intently to my mothers footsteps. I know exactly how they sound and her patterns, because growing up, it was a necessity. I hear her footsteps get closer to my window.

     "Shit-" I hiss quietly through gritted teeth. "Get against the wall. NOW," I say urgently. Akaashi and I scramble to the wall of the house, flattening ourselves as much as we can. I hear the latch click, and the window slide open. I take a shaky breath, and squeeze my eyes shut.

     "Y/NNNnn" She calls. I hear a slight hum, and then the window slides shut again. Akaashi and I both release a breath we didn't know we were holding in. I sigh again, relieved that's she didn't see us. 

     "Umm, Y/N... Where do we go now?" Akaashi asks. My face droops as I let out a little 'oh yeah'.

     "Um, we could go to the gas station and get snacks or something. I grabbed my wallet off my night stand before we left, just in case." I say. 

     "We could do that and then I could ask Kou if we could come over... I'm pretty sure his parents are out of town or something." He says softly, still still cautious of the woman inside. I nod as he grabs my hand into his. I sigh softly as he begin walking down the street, the crisp air filling our lungs. Akaashi pulls his phone out of his pocket and goes to his contacts. I see him go to his favorites tab, and he clicks on Bokuto's name. We continue walking as he brings his phone to his ear.

     "Come on, pick up Kou..." He mutters softly. I hear the soft ringing of his phone, and then it stops suddenly.

     "HEY HEY HEY KEIJI!" I hear from the other end of the line. Akaashi cringes slightly and pulls his phone away from his ear. 

     "Hey Koutaro, I'm with.. um, y/n right now," He says and glances at me. "We kinda need somewhere to go, and I was hoping we could come over." He says. I hear Bokuto say something, but I can't quite make it out. 

       "KOU, NO." Akaashi says, wide eyed and blushing. I stop walking and look at him questioningly, and he shakes his head, motioning for us to continue walking. Bokuto says something else, and Akaashi nods.

      "Thank you Kou, we will be there soon." He mutters, and then hangs up. 

     "Do you mind if we just go straight there? Its not far." Akaashi asks. I nod and allow Akaashi to walk slightly ahead of me, allowing him to lead me to the volleyball captains house. All at once I feel a sense of relief, knowing that I have a night off from my dreadful life at home. 

     One night off. This is going to be refreshing.

~~~~~

ok. i know i havent updated in forever. im sorry. but i do hope you guys are enjoying and also- wtf thank you so much for like 475 reads this insane. 

ok ok i love yall see you next chapter