12- 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭

As Akaashi leads me to Bokuto's house, the sense of relief weakens slightly. I realize where im going and who I'm with, and I suddenly feel a jolt of nerves. 

     How did I end up sneaking out in the middle of the night with the volleyball co-captain, TO the volleyball captains house? I ask myself.

    I'm shaken from my thought when I feel a strong but gentle hand grasp mine, intertwining our fingers. All at once, the feeling of relief comes back to me, as if my brain knows I'm safe here. Akaashi turns back and smiles gently at me when he notices I didn't flinch away. Even if I've only known this boy for a day, somehow i feel safer with him than I've ever felt with anyone. Its a strange feeling, the comfort that i have with him. Its more than I've ever felt with my mom, my dad, or even Ayaka. 

"This is his house, let me text Koutaro that we're here," Akaashi says, slowing down. I glance up at the sky, noticing the bright swirls of stars. I also slow down, and I look up to examine the shining night sky , smiling as I notice the big dipper, the little dipper not far from it. Akaashi notices what I am looking at and comes to a full stop. 

     "The stars are beautiful tonight," I murmur. I lower my head and bring my gaze back to Akaashi, who wasn't looking at the stars, rather, he was looking at me. His eyes soft, and a slight smile dancing on his lips, and the corners of his mouth tugging upward. I study him for a moment, confusion riddling my face, then I bring my attention back up to the swirls of light above me. I let out a sigh, all tension leaving my body as I feel his strong hand squeezing mine, an act of comfort, letting me know that he's with me. Once again, I bring my gaze back to the boy next to me. The same look on his face, studying me. It was clear that he never even looked at the sky above us. His gaze flickers to my lips, and back up to my eyes. He bites his lip slightly.

     "Very beautiful indeed," He says quietly, barely loud enough for me to hear. My stomach does a cartwheel, and my heart begins racing. I see Akaashi's hand reach out, and he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. Suddenly, I hear a click, and I whip my head towards the noise. An excited volleyball captain runs out of the house in front of us, careful not to make much noise.

     "Hey hey hey, lovebirds!" Bokuto whisper-yells, wriggling his eyebrows at us. I let out of noise that was half-way between a cough and a strangled grunt, Bokuto's words taking me off guard. I speak up quietly.

      "Kei- Akaashi was just staying with me because I was having a rough day, and I needed some company. Nothing happened Bokuto-sens- Bokuto-san." I say, correcting myself. He narrowed his eyes, bouncing his eyes between us. He peers at our necks, and this time Akaashi butts in.

     "Koutaro. There is nothing on our necks or our faces because nothing happened. I simply provided some much needed company for Y/N, thats all." Akaashi stated blandly. I glare at Bokuto's shit eating grin as he continues to stare at the both of us, his eyes darting back and forth between us. 

      "Alright I guess I believe you guys." He says after an uncomfortable moment. He turns back towards his house and motions for us to follow him with a wave of his hand. Akaashi motions for me to go first and I follow Bokuto into his house. As I step through the doorway, I realize his house is surprisingly clean. Something about the captain gives off chaos and messy energy, so the stark white walls and neat countertops comes as a slight surprise to me. Akaashi steps up next to me and I subconsciously loop my hand into his. Bokuto turns around to tell us something and he narrows his eyes at our intertwined hands. I quickly jerk my hand away, and Akaashi gives me a strange look. Bokuto muffles a giggle and starts toward the kitchen.

     "You guys hungry?" He asks. 

     "Actually, yeah I am kind of hungry," Akaashi says to his friend. He motions towards me.

     "I could probably eat something, small though. Im not super hungry" I say. Akaashi places his hand on the small of my back, guiding me to the kitchen, The sudden contact makes me flinch slightly, but when I feel his thumb trace small circles on my back, the tense feeling in my body dissipates, and all I feel is calm. 

     Bokuto throws a pack of strawberry pocky in my direction. I reach out to grab the flying box, but i miss completely as the box thumps onto the ground. I feel my face heat again from embarrassment, and before i can even bend down to grab the box, Akaashi had already bent down and swiped the box into his nimble hands. He gently hands my the box and returns his hand to its position on my back. Bokuto tosses Akaashi a box of pocky as well and the captain guides us to the living room. We all sit down and munch on the bread sticks with the delicious coating, and Akaashi and Bokuto talk about their days. Well, it was more Bokuto talking AT the second year, while Keiji nodded and agreed periodically. I finish my pocky and set the box alog with Akaashi's finished box. I lean back into the fluffy couch, allowing myself to sink into the cushions. My head easily finds the crook of Keiji's arm, and Bokuto's excited story telling became white noise to my ears. I could feel my senses blur as the hectic night seeped into my body, and my eyelids got heavy. Sooner rather than later, sleep took over my body.

      Sometime later that night, I was awoken to Akaashi covering me up with a blanket. He was stretched on the couch with me lying half on top of him. My head rested on his chest, and he was maneuvering a blanket on top of the two of us.

"Thank you Keiji," I murmur. I feel him sigh and whisper a quiet "Always," My ears perk up when I hear a voice from the kitchen.

"Oh so not only are you guys cuddling, but you're also on a first name basis. Alright then~" Bokuto laughs. I hear Keiji hiss at his senior, but my brain was so foggy and tired that it didn't really bother me. I simply allowed myself to find sleep again, comforted by the steady rise and fall of Keiji's chest.

~~~~~

hi im sorry for not updating for so long i love yall

im just kind of losing motivation for this fic D: