2- 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

TW: Dr*g usage, mentions of su*cide

The sound of my phone ringing was what woke me up for school the next morning.

"Hello?" I answered, trying to cover the sleep in my voice.

"Hey baby, I'm coming home today to see you! I hope you'll be home"

"M-Mom? Where have you been?" I asked, my jaw dropping. I haven't heard my moms voice in a week. Not since I had to lock myself in my bathroom, trying to distance myself from her. She ran out of money for drugs, and was begging and screaming at me for my money from work. I can still hear it so clearly.

"PLEASE I JUST NEED A LITTLE, PLEASE Y/N, FOR YOUR MOM," she cried out at the door. I shook my head, blocking the thought from my memory. I looked down and realized I was still on the phone with her.

"Sorry mom I didn't catch that, what did you say?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't realize I wasn't listening at all. I slowly sat up on my bed, and gasped, every muscle in my body screaming in pain from dads outburst last night.

"I've been uh- hopping around, um, at different friends houses. I-I got a little money. I feel great y/n," She said. Her words were slightly fuzzy. High, again. I wonder what shes on this time. Weed? Heroin? Maybe shes gone completely off the rails and started doing meth. I really hope not.

"That's good mama, can't wait to see you," I said grimacing, knowing that was a lie. My mom really needs help, but she just wont admit it. When she gets like this, she's just as scary as my dad.

I stared at my clock, realizing I had a hour before I had to get to school. I shouldn't even go. Nothing really matters to me anymore. There's no point. I don't want to live like this anymore. I'm in constant fear of the people that should love me the most . Whats the point of even being alive.

Y/N WHERE ARE YOU GET YOUR ASS TO SCHOOL NOW. YOU CANNOT MISS ANOTHER DAY.

I looked down at my phone. It was Ayaka, my best, and only friend. She doesn't really know about what goes on at the l/n household. I guess I should go to school. I dragged myself out of my bed and stood up. My head was pounding, and there was a slight knot on the back of my head, where I hit the cold tile last night. I grimaced and walked to my small bathroom. I decided to take a shower and brush my hair. I really haven't had to motivation to do much of anything other than homework, and that includes personal hygiene.

My hair looked like a rats nest. I slowly grabbed my brush and started to brush it, starting at the ends. Eventually it was pretty smooth, and I ended up gathering a fairly large wad of hair that had fallen out in my brush. I jumped in the shower to quickly wash my hair and body, wishing I could sit under the warm trickling water for hours. I quickly realized that I only had 10 minutes before i needed to be at school, and I was still in the shower. I jumped out, cringing at the pain shooting up from my ankle. I rushed to dry my petite body off and pull my uniform on. As I was tying my ribbon, I looked down in the mirror and realized there was a dark bruise on my thigh, and my short skirt and thigh highs did not cover it at all.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK," I yelled, dumping foundation onto the discolored skin. I tried to blend and spread it, but it was doing nothing. You could clearly see it, and it just looked like a miserable attempt to cover it. I took a deep breath and choked back the lump in my throat, and wiped all of it off, revealing the fresh bruise. If anyone asks, Ill just tell them i fell down the stairs. Yeah. Ok that's good. I thought to myself. I rushed down the stairs, and grabbed an apple and ran out the door. As I ran into the daylight, I realized my hair was damp. "Dammit," I muttered to myself. I really forgot to dry my hair. I am pathetic. I started my walk to school, thinking up scenarios in my head about people asking me about the bruise on my thigh. I practiced what I was going to say for any question they might ask.

I was almost to my high school, Fukurodani Academy. I just had to walk over the old bridge, and it would be practically on the other side. I strolled a long, wincing every so often. Damn, I really need to get a brace or something for this thing, I thought, eyeing my swollen ankle. It was mostly covered by my thigh highs and shoes, but the pain was still there. I began my walk over the old bridge and I stopped for a second.

I walked slowly towards the edge of the bridge, avoiding the edge ever so slightly. I was only one or two steps away from it. I stared at the rushing water below. Whats the point? No one would miss you. Mom and Dad would probably be glad to have you off their shoulders. Your just a burden to everyone. Just jump, save everyone the trouble. My brain was on fire. So numb to emotion, yet so eager to fill itself with evil thoughts. They were right though. No one would miss me. I don't have any other friends other than Ayaka, and I'm sure she would understand. She probably hates me too. I lie to her so much. When she asks why we never go to my house, when she asks what that bruise on my face is, or where all of my money from my job at the cafe is going. A burden would be lifted off her shoulders too.

I took a step closer to the edge. I have no one and nothing left for me. If I die now I never have to see Mom or Dad, ever again.

I can't even give myself a good reason to stay...

So whats stopping me?

~~~~~~~

Chapter 2! Im working on chapter 3 right now, so be prepared!!

SPOILERRR

(not gonna give it away but we may or may not meet keiji in the next chapter :))