Infinity : An Ice Cold Encounter

FLASHBACK: HEMESPHERIA
FROSTHEIM VILLAGE
EON 1019 - STRYX 14

A storm is approaching. A heavy whirl of thick snow and Freezing winds is broadcasted.

The lad who just came to have a little icy vacation is not aware of the upcoming blizzard.

He is on his way to the mountains when a group of village officers in thick jackets and sweaters stop him.

"Sorry lad, the mountains are close for today. A heavy storm is approaching and it's dangerous."

"But! Sir... I just got here and I don't want to waste my time just sitting, observing the falling ice crystals." He reacts. "Please, sir. Let me in. I promise I'll be back as soon as possible. Just wanted to see, Mt. Ice Spike.

The officers found him a bit persistent but they are the same, as well.

One of them looks at his license and sees his name. He turns to him and offers something he could do instead.

"Look, kid... Or Meijin! Am I right?" He says. "The blizzard here is one of a kind and we don't want to risk on those promises of yours. If you're looking for something to do. Here... go to this place."

He gave him a card and sends him back to the village.

Meijin can't argue with them anymore, so he takes the card and looks at it to see if where they wanted him to go.

"A welfare homes for seniors! No way! I am not going to this boring serving the seniors stuff." He says as he looks back at the entrance again and sighs.

He thinks for a moment and tries to find a way to please himself but all his mind cares for is the amusing sight beyond those mountains.

He really wants to go hiking and see the beauty of Mt. Ice Spike (a series of rocky steep mountains that are said to be the remains of a giant living creature during the olden times) so he didn't give that up. He buys some time to observes the surrounding.

 He buys some time to observes the surrounding

Mt. Ice Spike

He wanders around and luckily sees a fence that is easy to cross due to the thick gathering snow, forming up, almost as high as the tip of the fence.

A naughty idea rushes into his mind. He slowly walks around a leafless Kryx tree (a tree with thick dark trunks and long pointy crystalline blue leaves, easy to misunderstood as frostbites covering a tree) and hides in its thick bole.

He observes the officers around that are busy facilitating every tourist coming back from the mountains. As soon as they are all focused and are all occupied, the lad takes his chances and snappily climbs up the snowy mound.

Lucky for him, nobody sees him and the houses are all scattered with almost all of its owners, probably inside, warming themselves.

He executes his plan beautifully and smiles walking up towards the mountain with ease.