One : The Crystal Coven

FLASHBACK: CRUSTALLIA
CITY OF LEMURIA:
EON 1009 - SIRIUS 1

"Boy, wake up."

"Who's calling me?" Meijin asks as he wander his eyes around in an endless pit of darkness.

"Boy, come back to the light."

"The light?" He asks. He became confuse. All he sees is dusk.

In a short while, out from his expectation. A red light appears from afar. It's slowly getting bigger and brighter as it gets near him.

He follows what the voice said. He stands up and approaches the light.

He was happy to finally be able to see something aside from darkness. He was full of hope while heading towards it, but it turns out to be an enormous burning flame, coming from the eyes of a huge wolf.

The wolf howls and attacks him. It swallows him whole in its mouth full of sharp canines. At that moment he felt nothing, except falling into an endless void. He screams but no sound can be heard.

His heart beats fast. The sudden fall makes his body jolts. He wake up with a scream.

"Finally, your awake." A man in a blue shirt says as he wipes his katana with a piece of cloth.

"It was just a nightmare!" Meijin says as he realize he is sleeping all the time.

"Yes. You're having a bad dream, but that is alright. You're fine now." The man says.

"Who are you and where am I anyway?"

"I am Sheen Kiato. I'm the one who helped you back way when you were chased by Searing Wolves (huge wolves with burning eyes)."

"That's right, the wolves, you slew all of them."

"Yes, they're not that hard to slice and dice. You are lucky, I happen to pass by or you would have been a wolf snack." Mr. Sheen says and then clear his throat.

"Oh no, I have to leave. I need to find Aiiana."

Meijin suddenly remembers his best friend and quickly gets up. He forgot that he falls from a tree during that chase, so he ends up hurting himself instead.

Mr. Sheen helps him get up and assists him in the window.

Meijin is surprise by what he sees. Large buildings, big mansions, and an emerald castle wanders in his eyes.

"What is this place?"

"This is Lemuria, the capital city of Crustallia." Mr. Sheen says with a proud smile on his face.

"I have never been here before. It is so beautiful. Father always tells me about how great this city is, every time he went here for a meeting." Meijin explained.

"Well, now you have seen it with your own eyes." Mr. Sheen says. "You became too weak. Let's take our repast and after that, why don't you tell me everything that happened."

"Okay." Meijin agrees.

The boy finishes his meal fast. He sure is hungry after fighting for his life yesterday.

"You want some more?" Mr. Sheen asks handling him some more Casselberry bread.

"Thanks a lot, Mr. Sheen. This bread is tastier than the bread in our village." Meijin proclaims.

"You're right, it's from Enguard. When your big enough, you could visit it."

Meijin's smile turns to frown when Mr. Sheen speaks of that village.

"Mr... My friend, Aiiana. She is there at Enguard (the village that is notable for being the quest and mission capital of the whole Enth-realm). I have to find her."