Five : The Lad with a Blue Cap

FLASHBACK: CRUSTALLIA
LEMURIA CITY
EON 1019: HELLIOS 2

One creepy night, with the lights of Glowbugs (an insect that emits light through their eyes), Meijin walks along the dark path leading towards home.

He is so happy to see his father again after a long time of spending hours in the village's library.

He rushes towards the front door and hurriedly opens the door.

"Dad! Look what I got!" He excitedly says, holding a thick book, but no one's in there. "Dad? Where are you?"

Suddenly, a fire lights up in the kitchen! He is confused, so he approaches that room.

He slowly walks, a bit afraid of what is going on. When he reaches the kitchen, the flame is gone. Everything is dark again.

"What's going on here?" He asks. He decided to go back to the living room.

As soon as he turns around, something went peculiar, the living room becomes well lit up unlike before.

He is confused once more and hurries to the living room. As soon as he reaches that said room, something pops up in front of him.

"Surprise!" His dad shows up with colorful balloons and carrying a cake.

All of his friends are there and they are all cheering for him.

"Happy birthday Meijin," they say.

"Here's your cake Jin, blow the candle."

His dad lends him the cake with a single lit up candle burrows to a creamy icing with a message in it.

He is happy to save the candle from melting until he reads the message.

"Happy wolf day? What do you mean dad?" He asks as he turns toward his dad which in his surprise now a searing wolf with burning eyes and huge mouth, salivating in front of him.

The wolf charges towards him and he dodges backward, only to hurt himself more.

"Aw! Damn it hurts!" He says while bracing himself up into reality.