Six : The Truth Behind the Past

RECENT: CRUSTALLIA
ESPER VILLAGE
EON 1024, CALLIUM 30

It's almost midnight at that time. The time, where the team feels uneasy as Callium lights the decks of Orchust.

Kaizer, Mhyx, and Rockee are all looking at Dean, sitting on the railings, staring at the greenish moonlight.

They are silent, trying to think of what's could be the reason why he calls for a meetup.

Suddenly, Aiiana and Meijin went out of the control room, catching their attention, away from the strange lad.

"Jin! Are you alright now?" Mhyx asks.

"Yeah! I'm fine! Ready for something." He declares as he walks towards the man with a blue cap.

The others follow him and lean to the railings trying to see what the lad is staring at.

Dean is just silent. They are not sure if he is looking at something or just widening his imagination. They noticed that his Rend is active. The cross symbol in his right eye is rotating.

"Dean! Is something wrong?" Meijin asks.

The lad began to snap back to reality and looks at him. He deactivates his Rend and smiles. The cross symbol fades, reveling his lonely eyes.

"Sorry! I'm just trying to see what my friends are doing." He answers.

"Huh! You can do that?" Aiiana asks. "Woah! Your Rend is on the next level."

"It kind of reminds me about Fredrick," Meijin says. "He too has a powerful Rend."

"Well, we don't have a choice, us Obscourists need to be strong and independent to survive. Besides, we only appeal to be tough since we already mastered are Rends and we both have a duty to fulfill." Dean explains.

"Wow! I'm not bad at using my Rend but I admit that I haven't mastered mine." Mhyx says.

"It's alright! After I tell you why I'm here, I'll help you with your Rend. That, if you'll agree to my plans." He says.

"Alright, young man! Can we start talking about business?" Kaizer asks. "It's already dawn in a minute and I still have a meeting tomorrow. I don't want to look like a zombie or something."

"Sure, but not here! Let's go to the dining hall. So we could sit."

They go down to the lower deck and went inside the said room.

Each one takes their seats and as soon as they position well, Dean starts to bring down the topic.

"I know all of you experienced how terrifying the bubbles and the purplish light?"

"Yes! It took my whole city in the blink of an eye." Kaizer says in a sad tone.

"That light happens to our village a long time ago but recently, it all came back and created more havoc," Aiiana explains.

What about it Dean?" Mhyx asks. "Do you know anything about it?"

"Yes!"

They are all surprised and say, "Really!"

"Okay okay! Tell us, Dean! We are eager to know." Aiiana says with her ears ready to catch some information and eyes wide open.

"It starts long ago, 15 eons before now. It happens at your village, Meijin, Aiiana. Southside village disappears with no trace. I became aware that something is going to happen because of Fredrick's hunches."

"Fredrick knows what will happen in our village?" Meijin asks.

"Yes. With his Rend of shadows, he can enter realms that associate with darkness. One of those worlds is the Reverse Realm. Have anyone of you knows about it?" Dean asks.