Four : The Unexpected Alliance

FLASHBACK: SPECTERRA
DAMES VILLAGE :
EON 1024 - CALLIUM 11

"Aaahhh! Help us!

"Please save us!

Out in the purplish darkness, screams of people in fear keeps echoing with no end. The sound of their agony keeps disturbing him for almost 15 eons.

"They're coming! Hide..." A strong gust of wind blows with a shrill sound coming from the unknown. It catches his attention, making him stop.

"Based on my observation, something is storming your mind," Dean infers, looking at his confused friend. "Any explanations, Fredrick."

"It's nothing. I just heard the wind whispers." Fredrick says as he continues to walk.

Dean had observed him for some time. Fourteen eons have passed but nothing changes. Fredrick became more serious and distant.

"I hate to be annoying but you're actions show distress again. Did something happened?" Dean asks.

"Huh! No! There's nothing to talk about." He declares.

"Okay! I'll accept that for now but if you need someone to talk, I'm 100% available with a cap on my head." Dean says.

Fredrick nod while turning behind, towards his friend as the wind blows harder than before. The sudden gale manages to blew off Dean's blue hat.

Fredrick quickly grabs the hat and realizes something. He returns it to him and says something.

"I change my mind. Follow me!"

Fredrick cast a portal from his shadow. His shade becomes a circle and conveys a portal into the ground.

They both enter it and ends up in the Reverse realm (a realm made of antimatter that supports and balances the other material realms. Only accessible through shadows and mirrors).

"This is something unexpected. The Reverse Realm is something I cannot visit anytime, but you brought me here. Why?" Dean asks while floating in the distorted world with endless skies, reverse land masses, and floating rivers of purple liquid-like substance.

"Remember what happened to Southside Village, 15 eons ago, and the rest."

"Yes! If my memory doesn't fail me, you told me that something bothers the boundaries of the Realms and you happen to know the exact location of those anomalies."

"That's right! I guess it's time that I'll tell you how I knew everything." Fredrick says as he flies toward a distant dark portion. "The echoes never let me sleep quietly for some time."

"Echoes? Hmm... I'm listening. Go on."

"Before Southside Village disappeared. I sensed an abnormal flow in time and space fabric. I ignored it but it turns out that it's something dangerous. I asked your help that day, unfortunately, we were too late and Southside disappears with no trace. Fifteen eons had past but there is still no explanation."

"Why brought this topic Red?" Dean asks due to curiosity.

"I'm sensing them. That echoes I told you about. They are the screams of people trapped in a realm that no one knows." Fredrick explains.