Double Trouble

Sahara leaned forward on her desk. She was well aware of the four pairs of eyes that were on her. "What do you mean?" She looked from Aaron to Theodore. "What's Lithium doing if they're not here to help?"

Calvin cleared his throat. "We don't know."

Sahara raised her eyebrows.

"But we do know they're up to no good," he quickly added.

"What makes you say that?"

Theodore tapped his head. "Intuition."

Glen waved to the room around them. "Look at where they're keeping us. In a basement, no way to sneak out of school, no windows...pretty much prison," he pointed out.

"I just know," Calvin muttered. "And I can promise you one thing, I think Phantom may be the closest out of all of us to finding out what exactly is going on here."

Sahara wrinkled her forehead. Aren't they just being biased? "What about Rayne?"

"Who knows what he's thinking. He hasn't been in contact at all since he said we should act like well-behaved school boys." Calvin stomped back to his seat.

"I see." Sahara bit her lip. They're overreacting. Most likely they feel like Lithium is intruding. Who wouldn't? I mean, Regona has been left alone for this long. She paused. Maybe I should ask Terrell...

The door opened, breaking into her thoughts.

Sahara and the Omegas turned their attention to the newcomer. A woman walked in. Her red hair was pulled back into a tight bun and she held her head high as she walked to the front of the room.

"Who're you?" Theodore asked.

The lady didn't respond. Upon reaching the front, she turned to face the guys and Sahara. "You may call me Miss. Kirk. I'll be taking over as you're new Biology teacher."

Aaron yawned before dropping his head on the desk and closing his eyes. Theodore made no move to sit, and Calvin just stared openly, eyes moving up and down the newcomer, as though evaluating. Glen's lips twisted into a smile.

"What about Mr. Freeman?" Theodore asked, his voice suggesting her already knew.

"He's on indefinite leave," Miss. Kirk replied.

Sahara wrinkled her forehead.

"Turn on your screens and pull up the image of the human body. Today we're going to look at the inside of our bones."

Aaron closed his eyes. Glen leaned back in his chair once more, looking anything but as though he would follow the teacher's instructions. Calvin turned his head away with a snort, and Theodore lazily slid into his seat before beginning to tap his desk while staring at the newcomer. Sahara looked around, wondering where and how she would pull up a screen.

With my bracelet? She glanced down at it.

Miss. Kirk seemed to not notice the lack of attention to her teaching as she began to rattle on facts about the human bones. She pulled up a hologram screen and began looking at different bones in detail. Sahara gave up trying to find the screen and turned her attention to listening instead.

In the next thirty minutes not much changed within the basement. The boys kept ignoring and Miss. Kirk kept teaching. She ended up scanning the bone in her own arm and showing a live picture on a hologram. Sahara watched in rapt interest, marveling at everything.

The lesson flew by, for Sahara at least, and Miss. Kirk calmly left the room as though everything had gone perfectly. No sooner did the door close than Glen turned around in his seat.