A Sacrifice Made

Regona hung under a cloud of smoke. Blackened walls of several buildings were a stark contrast to the once well-kept city. Trash was strewn on lawns, windows lay shattered, and the once bustling streets were empty. Lithium's citizens had been evacuated throughout the night and now only LCS were left as they patrolled the roads, taking anyone they saw into custody.

While many had been captured, even more ran free. For the Regonans knew their city better and more so, the crews knew how to disappear. Ever so often a face would peer out from behind a window. As soon as the LCS got there, the culprit was gone. It was as though the entire city was simply sitting and waiting for something.

Sahara knew little of what went on outside of the small room in which she sat shackled to a chair. She had spent the night there and her body had become stiff with cold. Her muscles ached when she moved them and she had found it to be more comfortable to sit frozen in one position rather than move and become aware of every ache.

They came for her when it was morning. There was no talking, only the sound of clattering as the chains fell to the ground. Sahara was not bound. Instead she was flanked by two LCS as she stiffly walked from the room. She bit her lips, trying to not think of how sore her muscles felt.

The smell of smoke hit her as she emerged onto the roof. Four hovercrafts waited, engines running. She was taken to the first. As she sat down inside the governor emerged from the building. He headed over to join her. At the same time several hover bikes appeared, flanking the craft.

They aren't taking any chances.

The governor entered, taking a seat two ways across from Sahara. He didn't even acknowledge her presence.

"All clear!" An LCS member called.

The craft took off and Sahara's stomach jumped. Keep calm. Terrell is sure to have a plan.

Her eyes darted to the glass floor and she watched the city grow smaller. The silver buildings look a dull grey today. Though it was morning the sunlight wasn't bright, and she couldn't help but wonder if perhaps it was Lithium's doing.

They went some way before a movement caught her attention. The governor held his bracelet up to his mouth, eyes right on Sahara.

"We're changing the location.

A last minutes switch. Sahara didn't like the sound of it.

The craft made a sharp turn.

"That way there won't be any ambushes." The governor smiled at her. "We can't have anyone trying to do anything before we get the girl."

"Her name's Naomi," Sahara corrected.

Governor Kritz shrugged. He tapped his bracelet and a moment later it turned green.

"Yes?" Terrell's strained voice made Sahara's heart jump.

"I have new co-ordinates," the governor spoke calmly.

Silence.

"You said..." Terrell began.

"I changed my mind. Is that a problem?"

"No."

"Good." Kritz hung up. "Send the location," he told the LCS next to him.

There was a nod of acknowledgment.

As the craft continued Sahara was surprised to see the buildings grow sparse. We're heading to the edge... her eyes widened slightly as she caught on. There's fewer places to hide out here... This was certainly a disadvantage for Terrell.