Confession

The warehouse was so silent that Sahara could hear her own heartbeat. All eyes were glued on one person as they waited for an answer.

Alegra let out a sigh. "What kind of question is–"

"Alegra." Terrell cut her off.

"I don't see why–"

"Answer the question!" At the tone in Terrell's voice Sahara unwillingly jumped.

Alegra's hands were clenched into fists and she looked as though she was ready to face a storm head on. Then, she abruptly relaxed and her shoulders slumped. She closed her eyes as she slowly let out her breath. There was another moment of silence before she opened her eyes and lifted her head to stare right at Terrell. "Four years."

No one moved.

The silence was broken when Reagan burst into laughter. "I'm sorry." He got to his feet. "I don't think I understood..." He put a finger in his ear and scratched. "I thought you just said that Naomi's been the same age for the last four years." He looked from Alegra to the others, grinning widely. When there was no reply his grin dropped. "But...that's not possible..."

"Found him!" Naomi's voice made all heads turn. She stood in the doorway, clutching Mo to her chest. The cat wasn't even squirming, seeming to have given up the fight already.

Sahara stared at the girl, things beginning to make sense. She's always looked the same age...but how's that even possible? "So that's why you keep wanting to hang low," she murmured her thoughts loud enough for the others to hear.

Alegra bit her lip and Sahara saw it. She couldn't help the feeling that she was still missing something.

Glen cleared his throat. "Um..." he started to get to his feet. "Maybe I should leave after al–"

"Stay," Alegra commanded.

Glen sat back down, not a word of protest.

"We'll go." She took a step forward but Terrell's hand shot out, blocking her way.

"I think she would be safer here," he murmured.

Alegra slapped his hand away. "Think?" She glared. "Think doesn't guarantee..." She trailed off, eyes darting to Naomi who was watching the exchange with a look of confusion. "We can't stay," Alegra whispered. "Not now that you know."

Sahara took a step forward. "Why not?"

"Because!" Alegra's eyes scanned the room. "How long till it gets out?"

Sahara was surprised at the hurt that flittered through her. "You don't trust us," she murmured.

"We won't breathe a word!" Reagan protested. His eyes darted to his brother. "Right?"

Arden nodded in agreement.

Sahara noticed Terrell glaring at Glen. The ex-omege let out a sigh. "I might not be good with keeping girls around...but I can keep a secret anytime."

"Secret?" Naomi's eyes lit up.

From where he sat, Orion stayed silent, not making eye contact.

Sahara nodded in agreement to the others. "We're family. We take care of each other." Her eyes turned to Terrell. He's probably the safest person to be around.

"No." Alegra shook her head. "No." She repeated as she walked towards Naomi. When she reached her she turned to face the others, drawing the little girl close. There was real fear in her eyes.

A confused Naomi released her grip on Mo. The cat took the opportunity to jump from her grasp.

"The more people involved the higher the risk of..."