A Moment Together

Uneventful is the word Sahara would have best used to describe the following days.

She felt like all she was doing was going through the same routine. The twins would drop her off at school in the morning and pick her up at the end of the day. Orion would be at the warehouse whenever they got back, making Sahara wonder if he just stayed in all day. Noah would pop in and out, though the boy seemed to always be in a rush and eager to get going again.

None of the Omegas talked with Sahara, or with each other much, and pretty much slept through classes while Sahara would listen to the teacher with rapt attention.

Frankly, Sahara was getting bored and restless with the routine. What made it worse was that the only time she could ride her board was to school and back. She tried it in the warehouse twice, but almost killed Orion in the process and so decided against it.

Finally, when she had enough and was ready to explode, the day of Serina's concert came.

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss!" Reagan yelled. He was armed from head to toe in things representing Serina.

Sahara skeptically eyed the shirt he wore, on which was plastered a gorgeous face of a girl holding a microphone. Her gaze moved from the many bracelets the twin wore, each of which had the girl's name or apparently what he claimed to be a title of her songs, on it. He wore a ridiculous blue top hat which had the figure of Serina glued on top of it.

"It's finally here!" Reagan did a jig in the spot, waving the large glass tablet that kept repeating the words "Will you marry me" over and over again.

"Well someone looks excited," Sahara said.

"Tell me about it," Arden commented as he came up next to her.

"Hey, do you think it's wise to let him propose to..." Sahara trailed off as she turned her head and her eyes landed on the older twin. Her mouth dropped.

Arden looked identical to his brother, other than his hat being green. He also held up a sign for Sahara to see. The words "What he said" flashed across it.

"No!" Reagan glared at his twin as he read the sign. "You can't go proposing to her!"

"Why not?" Arden asked innocently. The evil glint in his eyes suggested he was enjoying teasing his brother.

"Because I'm the only man for her!"

"Says who?"

"Nature!"

Arden snorted.

"Just look at the facts, I'm perfect for her!" Reagan argued.

"Sure...good-looking, handsome, attractive," the older twin began to list off traits which were all the same. He looked up. "I have all of them too, so that qualifies me."

"Not all of them." Reagan's eyes gleamed.

"Oh?"

The younger twin drew himself up and stuck his chin out. "I'm taller."

There was a moment of silence. Arden's eyes narrowed. His display board was dropped and he lunged.

"Shoot!" Reagan made a dash to safety, a hand holding his hat so he wouldn't lose it.

"What good will being taller be when you're dead," Arden growled at his twin, his own hat flying off and left forgotten on the floor. "Your casket will be more expensive to make space for your big head, that's all."

"Mercy!" Reagan screamed. "Mercy!"

Sahara only shook her head. "It's not like she'd marry either of you anyway," she muttered as she turned and walked to the door. She was just about to reach it when a hand grabbed her arm and she was whirled around.