Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Charles' POV

"Care to dance?" I boldly asked Bianca. I saw this as my one and only chance to get closer to Bianca so I went for it.

"Charles?" Bianca said hesitantly. 

"Good Evening, Bianca. I hope you are doing well. It's been so long since I've seen you."

She gave a small nod, "Yeah... I didn't expect to see you here." Bianca fiddled with her fingers.

"So... about that dance." I asked Bianca slowly. I was deeply afraid of rejection.

"Oh... no, thank you Charles." She said and turned her head away from me. I was surprised but then again I didn't exactly think that it would be easy to get a 'yes' from her. I turned to walk away and pretended that I wasn't so humiliated right now.

I walked over to where Ashley was sitting and noticed how angry her face looked. 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, my voice latched in concern.

Ashley quickly shook her head, " No. Would you like to dance though?" She asked biting her lip. I din't want her to feel the rejection that I felt from Bianca so I agreed. She latched her hand in mine and we got up to dance.

Bianca's POV

I was very confused on what just happened. Seeing Charles, threw me completely off. I honestly expected to never see him again, but here was. I especially didn't expect him to talk to me, much less remember my name. It was kind of flattering to know that a prince remembered my name. A simple girl from Queens.

A waitress with a platter came up to me, interrupting my thoughts. She placed a glass of red beverage on my table.

"Excuse me, is this wine?" I asked politely.

"Yes, red wine." She smiled and walked away.

I felt excited to have alcohol in front of me, knowing that I was a minor. It felt daring, a feeling that I loved. I picked up the glass and drank the entire bottle. I now know what my favorite drink is.

Mama and Don came back to the table and thankfully they didn't notice the empty glass on the table.

"Bianca we are to a hotel so we will have somewhere to stay tonight." Mama said.

I became confused, why don't we just go home? "Wait, why are we staying at a hotel tonight?" I asked.

"Because the streets will be packed with people and we'll probably be to drunk to drive." Don answered. I let out a laugh at his blunt and honest answer.

After they left, I asked a waitress for two more drinks. I drank both of them within five minutes. I quickly became mildly drunk.

7/11 by Beyonce came on. Finally a song that I knew! I got up and made my way to the dance floor. I was having fun dancing by myself when someone came and wrapped their arms around me.

I was two seconds away from slapping whoever it was but I turned and saw that it was Charles.

I was relieved. I thought that it was another person. Why am I so calm? Usually I would freak about someone being this close to me. Instead I turned around and wrapped my arms him and danced some more.

I guess my mouth was slightly open and Charles must have smelled my breath because he asked me, "Have you been drinking Bianca?"

I giggled. "Just a little."

"I do not think you are allowed to drink, Bianca. I have heard that the drinking age in America is 21." He had a fatherly look.

"Oh, who cares?" I giggled again