I'm Yours

He couldn't have been gone for more than five minutes, had only stepped outside for a quick smoke and had kissed her before he'd left with a promise to be right back but now as he walked back into the room through the double doors and turned the corner into the bar, he regretted having left her at all.

Lola was in the exact same place she'd been before, her hip resting against the bar, her hair smoothed over her shoulders elegantly, only now there was someone in front of her, a man he didn't recognise and she was laughing, her head tipped back as the noise he was so accustomed to hearing as a result of something he said or did bubbled from her lips.

Her painted plum lips were wrapped around a straw which she was nonchalantly sucking on as she nodded attentively to the man explain something, her breasts pushed up against the satiny material of the slip dress which hugged her exquisite figure, the material cut to accentuate and draw attention to her thighs because she now knew just how much it weakened him.

Alex took a deep breath and strode towards her quickly.

Lola caught onto the spice of his cologne before she saw him and turned instinctively to greet him as he came to her side. She was immediately soothed by his presence as always but before she could speak, Alex cupped the side of her face and captured her lips in a deep, consuming kiss and she fumbled to put the drained glass in her hand on the bar beside her.

Alex knew that the way he moved his lips, the hunger in it was driven by his possessiveness which had been accentuated by their drinking but he couldn't stop, didn't stop kissing her until he was struggling for air, until she placed her hand on the exposed flat of his chest where the buttons were undone.

When he pulled away, Lola was breathless, her cheeks flushed in a way that satisfied him and he stroked her cheek with his fingers before finally turning to meet the gaze of the man who was standing in his spot and had prompted the uncontrollable wave of jealousy.

"This is..." Lola began, gesturing forward shakily.

"'ello, mate." Alex said, deepening his voice as he held out his hand. "'m Alex Turner." They shook hands rather aggressively.

"I'm..." the man began but Alex had already lost interest, glancing at the empty glass on the side. "D'yeh want anofer drink, Lola, darlin'?" he asked, his hands moving around her to press against the flat of her stomach and pull her back into him.

Lola opened her mouth to speak, sighing when Alex pressed a kiss to her temple.

"I'll get you something, sweetheart," the man chuckled, drawing his gaze down to her breasts for a moment too long for Alex's comfort. He stretched his jaw. "What do you fancy?"

"I've got it..." Alex almost growled as he struggled to hold onto what was left of his composure, clenching his fists.

"I'll have another martini, Al..." she whispered, sensing the tension in his body and she stroked down his forearm and linked her fingers with his at her stomach as she turned her head to look at him. His eyes were darker than she'd ever seen them.

"Well..." the man said, sensing that he'd overstayed his welcome as he picked up his glass and began to move. "Lovely talking to you, Lola."

"You too," she smiled politely, waited until he'd walked away then she turned around to Alex, letting go of his hand and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Alex cocked his eyebrow and took hold of her hips, squeezing gently. "Yes?"

"Alexander..." She shook her head. "You're unbelievable."

"Who was 'e?"

"I don't know... he came over and saw my camera..." Lola nodded towards the camera she had placed on the bar. "...and was interested in the lens I was using."

Alex grunted in response, furrowing his brow. "'e were interested in more than yehr fookin' camera, love..."

Lola rolled her eyes and Alex pushed out his bottom lip, pouting at her.

She reached to stroke the side of his hair back and he tilted his head into her palm, his eyes closing.

"Are you jealous, babe?" she laughed gently.

"Fookin' no," he grumbled, but when Lola brought her lips to his he sighed shakily into her mouth, the tension in his body eased with her hands smoothing over his shoulders.

As she rendered him breathless, her satin-clad body pressed against his, Alex felt like a fool but the way he cared for Lola was nothing short of all-consuming and the way he adored to show her off at bars and restaurants wherever they went had its consequences. Ultimately, he knew he couldn't blame other men for wanting her the way he had her, for looking at her with the same hunger and longing he was sure he'd shown when she'd first walked into his life.

She pressed her forehead against his and stroked the sides of his face, whispering against his lips when he opened his gorgeous, brown eyes into hers. "I'm yours, Alex."