Being Make Believe

He was swinging his hips back and forth mesmerisingly, the teasing little jerks as he thrusted up into his guitar making her hum shakily and she combed her hair back from her face with her free hand. He flicked his eyebrows up, rolling his eyes upwards, then brought them back down to make direct eye contact, flirting wordlessly. It didn't take long before he'd zoned out again into the deep thud of his own music, dipping and squatting as he practically made love to his guitar. His white shirt was undone and rolled at the sleeves, sunglasses tucked in where the buttons clung to the fabric, his chain shining as it thudded against his toned chest and the veins in his hands, wrists and neck, the ring on his finger, the way he crooned against the mic, it made her breath shake.

She never got bored of his voice, not when he spoke to her first thing in the morning, tired and grumpy, not when he ordered his lunch or spoke with a fan in the middle of the day, but when he brushed his lips into the mic and deepened his voice on stage, dragged out the notes, licked his lips and stretched them with an annoying arrogance and nonchalance, she couldn't handle her desperation for him, it did something to her that no man had ever been able to do and even though he wasn't there, even though she was worked up and flushed over a video from five years ago on her phone, he still had her weaker than anyone else ever had.

When the door clicked, Lola was quick enough to pause the video and roll over onto her stomach on the bed, lifting her gaze to him as he sauntered into the room. She wasn't embarrassed by what she'd been watching, but now the real version was in front of her. Her eyes were drawn to the shake in his hips, the smirk in his lips as he came close to her and before he was even undressed he sunk down onto the bed in front of her, lifting her chin to move his lips against hers in an eager, hungry kiss. Lola giggled at his forwardness, tilting her head to kiss him deeply.

"Missed yeh..." he whispered, smoothing his thumb over her cheekbone as he pulled away.

"I missed you..." she hummed back. "How was practice?"

"Yeh, good," he nodded. "'m feelin' good. Did yeh 'ave a go wif the new camera whilst I were gone?"

Lola nodded back, her eyes sparkling with excitement in a way that made Alex sigh. "Had a play around with some shots and it looks really good. I'll get them developed and show you later."

"Can't wait..." he grinned, combing though her hair with the tips of his fingers. "'m a big fan of yehr work."

"Are you sure you want me to shoot the next show?" she asked tilting her head and blinking at him slowly, then mimed a camera in his face, giggling when he pretended to be caught off guard by the flash.

"Lo," he laughed, shaking his head. "'ow many times do I 'ave teh tell yeh tha' yeh're incredible?" Lola rolled her eyes. "No, I've 'ad enouf. Yeh're fookin' talented 'n' I troost yeh teh capture me best angles."

"You don't have a bad angle, babe..." she mused.

Alex stood up from the bed to shrug out of his jacket. He was wearing a shirt not too dissimilar from the one he'd worn in the video she'd most recently watched and she blushed at the recollection, wanted to take hold of that collar with her fingers and drag him back down on top of her, kiss him until he got too excited and desperate enough to give it to her good but his voice snapped her out of the trance.

"Wha' yeh been watchin' on the YouTube, darlin'?" he asked with genuine curiosity, nodding down at the YouTube screen on her phone.

When she didn't respond straight away he cocked his eyebrow, crossing his arms as he stood in front of her at the foot of the bed.

"You..."

"Meh?"

"Mmm..." she giggled. "From 2013." Lola rose to her knees, shuffling closer to the end of the best and kneeling there in front of him. She was looking up at him slightly and his hands stroked down the sides of her head, through her glossy hair until they rested on her shoulders, giving her a gentle squeeze of encouragement. "There's just something about you on stage..." she swallowed, licking her lips as he turned the corner of his up into a lopsided smirk. "The way you command all the attention, act like this cocky..." she sighed through her nose before breathing into her next word, "...idiot... the way you move your fucking hips... have this expression on your face where you just know how good you look... know exactly what you're doing... " she rasped. Alex chuckled as she brought her hand down on his chest, smoothing down his crisp shirt. "Mmm... so sexy."