CHAPTER 15

Ashwatthama was starring in awe, at the revered sage, a staunch devotee of Mahakaal, the person very well – known as the "Daitya Guru". Meanwhile the person in question was giving out some instructions to his newly – formed Rakshas army.

Shukracharya finished with the set – up of his new game, one which he had specially planned for the Karn nandini and was very pleased about it. Though he knew that Dwarkadheesh would surely find a way to counter it, but by then, it would have created a great impact on that girl, whom he was trying to acquire. He turned around to find the Rishiputra, literally gaping at him. He chuckled at that awed look on Ashwatthama's face, who instantly came out of his trance and flushed red.

"Why... why didn't you tell me earlier, Munivar?" asked Ashwatthama, as the two of them started making their way back to their abode.

"I wouldn't have got to see that look on your face, if I would have told you earlier, right?" replied Shukracharya, teasingly.

Ashwatthama just grimaced at that. He turned back to find that the Rakshas army had gone back to Angdesh, going about their activities once again. He was puzzled at this.

"Aren't they coming with us, Acharya?"

"No... I have assigned them a special task. A new game for that girl."

"But for that, she needs to come to Ang first. How are we going to lure her here? Because now that the Pandavas know about my involvement, they would be extra protective around her. We won't be able to do what we did earlier, again."

"Try taking a pause between your useless rambling, Dronaputra. It will be much better. And also... develop a habit of listening the full thing before jumping to conclusions. As about Chandrika... We don't need to do anything about it. She will be here soon, on her own. Her Mahadev Bhakti will bring her here."

"And what about Vasudev?" asked Ashwatthama, with distaste. He looked like he had sucked a sour lemon.

"Well, he will be there with her, to help her. But not as much, as his human form has hinderances. And Devs are too arrogant to take part in human fights. Otherwise, won't the Mahabharat yuddh have been avoided? So just wait and watch."

Shukracharya let out a loud laugh at this, while Ashwatthama still looked as puzzled as ever.

****************************************************************

Krishna and Arjun entered the kaksh of their niece, to find her pacing, with a tensed look on her face. Arjun frowned deeply, while Krishna chuckled. It had been five days since Krishna and Balram had arrived in Hastinapur. In these five days, Arjun had completely avoided talking to Chandrika, lest he would unleash his anger on her. Even during their archery lessons, he kept his best friend around to convey his instructions to her. Krishna had kept quiet for those five days, but now it seemed it was high time. Hence, he had literally dragged Arjun to her, to make amends.

"What's the matter, dear one? You look quite worried," Krishna asked, making Chandrika aware of their presence.

Chandrika turned to the source of voice, to find the two best friends standing at the entrance. Her eyes hardened a bit, at the sight of Arjun. For the first two – three days, she had gone around him, apologizing at every single opportunity, but to no avail. After that, even she had turned her back on him. She wasn't going to beg so much. Like father, like daughter, of course.

"Frankly speaking, Kakashree Keshav, your friend here is the last person I want to talk to, right now. I have a lot on my mind," Chandrika said, with her hands crossed to her chest. She very well knew why Krishna had brought Arjun to her kaksh.