CHAPTER 21

First of all, loads and loads of gratitude to all my readers for voting my maiden work and making it such a success. It gives me immense pleasure to announce that the story has crossed 1K votes. I don't have words to express myself. Thankyou once again.

Also, how many of you thought that the owner of the voice was Maharishi Ved Vyas? **giggles**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rishi Durvasa observed the grandchild of Surya Dev with his keen eyes, as she was seated along with the Samrat of Aryavart in front of him with the other Pandavas sitting behind them. Young was the only word that came to his mind, when he had first laid his eyes on her. It was surely a bit unjustifiable to lay such a huge responsibility on such a young child. He had been extremely weary when he had known, through his divine powers, how Kunti had mistakenly misused his boon and summoned Surya Dev. He had also felt sad as she had flown her new born son in Mata Jhanvi's waters, to save her and her father's reputation. The child, though not at fault, had to bear the brunt of his mother's childish curiosity. No, he wasn't supporting or justifying Karn's further actions, though they had been partly because of the baseless rules laid down by the society. However, none of that gave Karn the right to lay his hands on a woman's honour, neither physically nor verbally.

Rishi Durvasa however pitied his family, especially his children. Not only his, but everyone else's as well. The children of Karn, Pandavas, Kauravas and many other kingdoms had been literally dragged and killed mercilessly in this deadly war of ambitions of their parents. The ones who died, had been freed, whereas the ones who were living, were forced to experience the horrors and continue to live with it, without complaining. And one example of the latter, was sitting right in front of him. Then again, one horror hadn't been enough that the girl had been dragged in the middle of another such trepidation.

The four Pandavas were fearful as well as awed at the same time. They had not expected, even in their wildest dreams, that they would be meeting here the revered sage, Rishi Durvasa, the one who was very well known for his temper and curses. However, it was because of him, that the five brothers along with Karn had had the chance to be the spawn of gods themselves.

Chandrika kept her head low, while clutching her Jyesht Kakashree's palm, as she felt the eyes of the revered sage on her. Since the time he had mentioned her name, she knew that he would be talking to her and her alone. Hence she would have to choose her words well, as even she was well acquainted with the stories of his temper. And it was not at all necessary to mention that her father had an affinity towards curses. One step out of the line and she would be doomed forever.

"So... is it true that the Karn nandini has had the audacity and guts to block the way of Jagannath himself and also point weapons towards him?" Rishi Durvasa asked, in a blank tone, though his eyes held amusement.

Chandrika's head snapped up at that question as she very well knew what he was talking about. Others except Yudhisthir were in oblivion, hence shared a confused glance amongst them.

"I... I got carried away in my emotions, Rishivar," Chandrika replied, once again bowing her head. "A daughter had empowered the sane human being and woman inside me, for the time being, then."

"Being emotional can be your greatest strength as well as your fatal flaw, Rajkumari. In your case, it had mostly been the latter."

"Please, Munivar, do not address me as Rajkumari. I am nothing except an ignorant human, in front of you. I would prefer being called as Karn nandini, just as my father had called himself Radheya with immense pride," Chandrika said, joining her hands. "As for being emotional, then I know that for a warrior, being emotional can be highly dangerous, but... that is possible only when the warrior lets his emotions go astray. If one knows how to channelize them and use them to their advantage, then they won't prove to be a fatal flaw. For me, I know that Daityaguru has used my emotions towards my family to his advantage and tried to empower me through them, but I am fighting back and I am sure I won't let him get to me and destroy the human race."