CHAPTER 24

The Pandavas stared at their niece, with a terrified look on their faces. Not a sound escaped their lips, as they saw her deep red pupils with slits. Bheem's grip on Ashwatthama loosened, due to shock, and Ashwatthama, taking its advantage, slipped from there to avoid facing the wrath of Dwarkadheesh Shri Krishna once again. Chandrika too kept starring at them for a while, trying to absorb their faces into her memories, one last time. Finally, she reluctantly tore her eyes from them and looked at the Rudraksha in her palm, as her right palm gripped the handle of the divine dagger. She kept the Rudraksha on the ground and bent near it, removing the dagger from her kamarband.

"No," said Shukracharya, still trying to break free from the Nagapaasha. "Don't destroy it, Karn nandini. I never thought that you would be this stupid to not know about its consequences."

"I know the consequences well enough, Shukracharya," Chandrika spoke, for the first time after turning into a Rakshasa.

She raised the dagger and accumulating her entire force, thrust it into the Rudraksha. Pain, far more excruciating than what she had felt at the time when she was converting into a Rakshasa, surged through her body. A simultaneous shout of her name, from various voices, was the last thing that she remembered before losing her consciousness.

"All the ones who attain power from the Rakshas Veds in the Rudraksha, will be destroyed along with it."

Chandrika's POV:

I opened my eyes slowly. The pain that I had felt before losing my consciousness, was gone. As if it had never happened. And it was then that I noticed my surroundings.

There was a weird warmth that I felt here

There was a weird warmth that I felt here. As if... as if... Suryadev himself was providing me with it. I then noticed the plush, golden bed on which I had been lying. Everything around here was out and out gold. I got out of the bed, but stood near it, still trying to take in my surroundings.

"You finally opened your eyes."

At first, I wasn't able to recognise the voice. But the next moment, the identity of the voice was clear to me. It had come from my left, where the door to the kaksh was, maybe. But I didn't turn. Afraid that... that the person would vanish in thin air and I would wake up from my dream.

"She seems scared, Anuj," said another male voice, much deeper than the one I had recognised. I slowly turned to look in the direction of the voices. I saw my father, standing there with a small smile, with another person who looked elder to my father. The person had a dark aura, however it held warmth in it. The duo approached me, as I kept starring at them like a statue.