Chapter 2 - First Date.

You are outside your house in Elvis' car waiting to say goodbye and preparing for an earful from your father when you enter the house. 

"I had a great time with you Elvis." You say shyly looking up at him through your eyelashes. 

"I would love to see you again buttercup." Elvis replied holding your hand. His hand is warm and the back being lightly coated in dark hairs. You trace your forefinger around the skin and look up at his torch like blue eyes, which were staring right back at you. 

You give Elvis the number for you house phone and asked him to call you only between 10-3 as that was when your father would definitely be out of the house. It would be okay you thought, you'd be able to work around your mother and have her on your side.

"I'll call you as soon as I can buttercup." Elvis tells you then kisses the back of your hand slowly almost as if he was leaving the imprint of his lips on your skin. 

You get out the car and walk slowly up to your door, looking back at Elvis who was still stood leaning against his car. You waved and made your way through the door to see your mother and father sitting in the living room together reading while classical music played in the background. 

"Welcome home honey. How was the rest of the night?" Your mother said, breaking the silence that filled the room. Your mother was like your best friend, you would do plenty together. Jigsaws, read, listen to the odd Elvis record, bake, cook the list goes on. If anyone was going to encourage this possible blossoming relationship it would be her. 

"It was great, mother. I had an extremely nice time." You tell her as your father sits looking unimpressed with disapproval written on his face.

"I know that Presley boy (Y/n), he is one with women. I am telling you he will hurt you." Your father said without showing any emotion and without looking at either you or your mother. You and your mother look at each other, she gives you a tight lipped smile and sets her book on the side table. 

"Father, I understand you may not approve yet but if you have the chance to get to know him and be openminded then I am sure you will grow to like him and maybe even respect him. I know for a fact that he respects you, he told me so. I promise you that he will not hurt me in whichever way you seem to believe. I will be careful." After your apparent speech your father looks at you, his face unreadable. He comes to his feet gives your mother a kiss on the head, repeats the same gesture to you and walks up the stairs. You watch as he leaves your mother pats the seat my father once occupied with a large smile on her face. 

"Tell me how the rest of your night went my dear."

*NEXT DAY*

You wake up to the sound of your father closing the front door. You stretch and sit up, smiling to yourself as you remember the night before. The scent of baking fills your nose as you can tell your mother is making blueberry muffins for breakfast. You can feel today is going to be good whether you receive a certain phone call or not.

You leave your small dainty room now dressed in a lilac dress, white cardigan and white shoes, the closer to the kitchen you get the stronger the smell gets but just as you are about to step off the stairs the phone on the table in front of you starts to ring. Your heart jumps and a smile automatically appears on your face. 

Your mother opens the kitchen door and is surprised to see you as she heads towards the phone. 

"Good morning my dear." 

"Good morning mother, would it be alright if I answered the phone, I could be Elvis." 

"Go on then." She smiles as she turns on her pastel yellow heels and heads back towards the kitchen. 

"Hello?" Your voice almost giving away how nervous you were.

"Hello Buttercup." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "That sounded sweet, what happened?" Your mother asks coming out of the kitchen with a muffin in her hand as you put the phone down. You blush.

"Elvis asked me if I could go on a proper date with him in a couple days when he has his next day off." you say smiling hard.

"Aww, that's very sweet, although I'm not sure how your father will react, but I sure once Mr Presley is here and shows your father the type of man I assume he is he will allow it." She smiles disappearing back into the kitchen and coming out with a little box.

"I got you something a long time ago for when you went on your first date. Just in case." Your mother gives you the box to which you open. You see a beautiful pair of Garnet earrings

"Oh mother, they are extraordinary. Thank you." You share a hug and she walks over the the record player. You smile looking down at the earrings in the box. You set the box down next to the muffin you mother had left for you and looked intently as your mother picks out a record and sets it up to play. The sound of Elvis' voice fills the room as you laugh and blush. 

It was going to very interesting asking your father if you could certainly go but you knew that once you proposed he have a chat with Elvis that all would work out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've really missed this story and know that I've been trying to improve my writing I been going over my old work. I hope you enjoy the edits and are still here for the ride.

Lets chat in the comments

Thanks for reading

TJW 

Edited:27/03/22