Chapter 22 - Care to fill me in?

I'm sooooo sorry folks. here it is. The long awaited chapter 22. I hope you enjoy and let me know at the end what your favourite part is or what you would like to see in the future. 

Thank you for sticking around. 

Kisses TJW xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 30th 1963

"What about the name Lisa? If it's a girl that is." You ask as you lay in bed with your husband at two o'clock in the afternoon looking through a baby name book. "According to this book it means consecrated to god." You look to Elvis as his eyes scan the other names on the page.

"Lisa Presley, sounds boring. It needs more." He said.

"Okay okay, what about Bonnie? I'm sure my parents would love that. Bonnie Presley sounds sweet."

"I don't think it works, buttercup." Elvis said looking over to you then back to the book.

"Fine, we can just name her Buttercup then." You laugh, closing the book and sitting on the bedside table.

Elvis laughed. "Buttercup Presley huh? That's your name." Elvis kissed your cheek.

"Well it's the best name either of us have come up with so far. It might just have to be that." You scoot down in the bed moving the covers past your much larger stomach and took Elvis' hand placing it on the right side.

"If you talk to him, he might hear you." You say closing your eyes and waiting for your baby to move.

"Him?" Elvis questioned, you looked at the funny confused face he was making.

"We cant seem to find a girls name we like, so it must be a boy." You said dragging your hand down Elvis' face.

"We haven't talked about boys names yet." Elvis said caressing the area his hand was still sitting.

"We don't need to, I know exactly what I want to name our son." You said, eyes closed again and a grin forming on your lips.

"Care to fill me in?" Elvis growled into your ear. He didn't like being left out.

"Not just now. We should however talk about where the baby will be born."

"I was thinking here." "Baptist Memorial" You and Elvis spoke at the same time. Your eyes opened fast and shoot to you husband.

"What?" "Here as in Graceland?" You said in unison again. Elvis had his eyebrow raised in confusion.

"I was born in my family home and so were you, it makes sense you have our child in our family home." You said sitting up right in the bed. "Why Baptist?"

"I don't know, it's the closest hospital to here. How could we do it here?" Elvis asked, looking at you intently.

"I could be in the bath or on the bed or even the floor. My mother told me she was in the bath when she had me. She said the warm water helped relax her." Elvis looking unsure.

"Your mother gave birth to you in the home you grow up in. I like the sentiment and also means we don't have to leave when the baby is coming." Elvis looked as if he was pondering what you mentioned.

"Only if you are sure." He finally said.

"I am, very sure. I love the idea of your father getting the see the baby soon after the birth and I also like the idea of have my mother and Ursula with me to help me. But most importantly you will be right there with me and we'll get to find out who are child will be from the first moment." You smiled bright, picturing it in your mind.

*NEXT DAY* 1st October 1963

The days had been going to well for you and Elvis. Happy and Loving. Your bump was now bigger but perfect on your body, and you had a glow. The glow of impending motherhood.

Today, Elvis and his boys from his Elvis Presley Enterprises football team had arranged a game and since this was probably your last month of pregnancy, your parents had come to join you. Your father had agreed to referee the game.

"Alright boys, are we ready for a fair game of rugby?" Your fathers booming voice sounded and you rolled your eyes, knowing full well that saying they were playing rugby would cause a stir.

"It's football sir. We play football." Elvis voiced, standing with his team.

"Not where I'm from it's not, and if I'm the ref, we play rugby." This was to be expected once your father mixed in the all American boys. Elvis was looking over to you and winked.

"Well sir," He approached you father with a smirk. "You're in ma house now." and he stuck out his hand to call truce. You father hesitated for a moment before taking Elvis' hand and shaking it. The game had begun.

The relationship between your father and Elvis has improved, but not without ups and downs. Your father respected Elvis very much during and after his army years but recently due to the Ann-Margaret scandal, the relationship took a dive and is now in need for some time and patience from both men.

You, your mother and Ursula were sitting on a seat near the playing field watching the game.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Ursula asked, looking for me to the boys on the field.

"Sort of. I have a definite boys name but we are still stuck on girls. I guess we'll just have to hope it's a boy or wait and see what name the girl looks like." You shrug your shoulder and watch the boys play again.

"The child will be the biggest blessing once it's here, not matter being a girl or a boy." Your mother adds her words of wisdom in as well.

"I can't wait to see Elvis as a father. He's going to so attentive when he's here, he'll be doting."

Moments later Elvis runs over, all sweaty and surprisingly dirty and gives you a kiss and pats you bump then runs back.

Things were going well, and it was just a matter of time before the baby would add to the joy of family.