Chapter 6 - Waking up next to you.

17th January 1960

Your eyes flutter open to the sound of birds singing, faint chattering of people outside and Elvis Presley snoring 6 inches away from your face.

 You laugh to yourself as you sit yourself up seeing the bright light of the sun shining in past the soft white curtains. You take a deep breath in and head to your en-suite for a glass of water. After brushing your teeth you hear the duvet thrashing about and check to see Elvis stretch his arms up above his head.
"Don't move a muscle!" You tell him as you rush to grab your camera from the dresser.
"Come on Buttercup. Nobody better see this." He responds clenching his jaw.
"They won't! I promise." You say shyly biting your lip as Elvis' eyes still trying to adjust to the sunlight.

"Do you know how handsome you are?" You ask him seriously, sitting near him in your pastel yellow nightgown and the camera on your knees

"You can thank my mama and daddy for that one. I had nothing to do with that." He finally sits up in bed to stretch, you admire his chest and arms as he does this. appreciating his smooth and tanned skin.

"I hope that one day this can be our life." You think out loud, looking around the room and coming back to looking at Elvis. 

"What? You taking photographs of me every morning. I think not little lady." Elvis laughs as you push his tanned chest and leave your hand on his left side.

"I can feel your heart beating." You say looking at his amazing eyes.

"My heart speeds up when I look at you." He replies brushing some of your hair behind your ear. You look down at your hand and trail it down his chest onto his stomach. Your breathing picking up as does Elvis'. 

"Shall we get ready for breakfast?" Elvis breaks the silence, taking you hand and kissing the back. 

You head in to the bathroom to get dress as Elvis gets dressed in the bedroom. You walk out to see Elvis sitting on the armchair waiting for you to finished. He sits in a grey suit jacket and white shirt with his hair the way it usually is.

"Right, this is going to be the last photo of today, okay?" You say with a cheeky smile on your face.
Elvis rolls his eyes and nods.

Just as you take the photo Elvis pulls a funny face and starts belly laughing once you take it and notice.

"Now you have a goofy one for your collection." Elvis smiles at you with big white teeth. You shake your head while holding a small smirk on your face, not saying a word and opening the door to head down for dinner.

Once you head down stairs your father and mother are already round the table chatting.
"There are our lovebirds." Your mother smiles and greets you both to the table. Elvis pulls out your chair for you to take a seat. 

"Your daughter is fascinated with take photos of everything, mostly me." Elvis speaks sitting down next to your father and shaking his hand. "That's exactly what I did Elvis when her father and I starting courting. That's why our family photo book is so full." Your mother laughs and Elvis smiles at you. 

"I wish I could get a hold of that camera and take photos of her before she nabs it and focuses on me. You're beautiful (Y/N). Let me take your photo more often." Elvis leans over the table to pinch your cheek. 

"You'll have to find the camera first." You laugh as Elvis shakes his head in defeat and your parents chuckle at the young love they see before them.

Breakfast is served and eaten all too fast, you thought. You were trying to forget the fact that you would be leaving in the morning and that Elvis would be going back to his barracks tonight. You pretended that that was never going to happen although in the back of your mind the feeling of having to leave him still lingered. One more night you'd say over and over but nothing was going to change.
"Buttercup?" Elvis questioned having found you after breakfast was finished and packing had started in your shared room sitting on the armchair contemplating.

"Hello." You said.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Elvis asked kneeling down next to you with his hands holding your hand and sitting them on your lap. 

"I don't want to go and I don't want you to go. I don't like not knowing when I'll get you see you again." You sigh, putting your head down. 

"We'll write to each other as much as we can and once we get the chance we will see each other as soon as possible." Elvis stood up pulling you up to his chest. He held you close and started swaying. Elvis then started humming a tune into your ear and you couldn't help but smile.
"We'll be together again soon. Be patient darling girl." Elvis looks down at you and kisses your lips gently and you melt in to his lips. You both pull back slowly and cuddle back into each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you are enjoying these chapters. Do having the photos included help set the scene for anyone or is that just me. Feel free to let me know. Thanks again TJW. 

FIRST KISS!! xx