Chapter 23 - AJP

Chapter 23 written on one of my last day at 23.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 10th 1963

You wake up uncomfortable, the room still dark. You look to the bedside table and squint close to your clock and see that it's two in the morning. Letting out a sigh as you get up, walking towards the bathroom. As you walk you realise that your back is a little tight and not comfortable at all. 

After finishing in the bathroom for the third time tonight you look down and see unusual fluid on the paper, you brush it off and go back to bed. Sleep takes over you as you try to relax against the tightness the refused to subside. 

Your eyes open again, the need to pee revisiting again. Looking to the clock it's only four. Only Two hours later. The tightness in your back was still there and so was the fluid. Instead of going back to be you went downstairs to the kitchen to make some hot lemon water to try and help with what felt like your stomach and back cramping. 

You make it to the kitchen and without turning the light on make your way to the cupboard and take out a glass and set it aside to heat some water. As you are getting a pot the rest fall on the floor. 

"Oh god. ow." You try to pick them up but your hand shoots to your bump and you feel your baby move as if they are doing gymnastics. 

While looking at your bump your eyes lock with your mother who has come down the stairs and turned on the kitchen light. 

"Are you alright my dear? It's four in the morning what are you doing up?" Your mother asks coming to the kitchen. 

"I couldn't sleep, I've using the toilet all night and now my back is tight. I think I may be in labour." You look to your mother as you sit on the stool next to the island, letting your mother take over your lemon water. 

"You may be right my dear. The tightness in your back is a good thing. It doesn't happen unless it is true labour." She turn off the stove and hands you a mug was lemon water, at the perfect temperature.

"Thank you." The drinkable hot water sweeping down to your stomach and soothing slightly.

"Do you have any other symptoms?" Your mother asks joining you on the stool.

"Clear fluid when I wipe." You nod.

"That's a good sign. I think you're on track for birth today or tomorrow. my dear." 

"Good morning." Another voice joins the conversation. A male voice this time.

You look up and see Elvis, his dark hair a mess from sleep and his gorgeous "just awake" face.

"Good morning my love." Elvis walks towards you and kisses your cheek. 

"Why are you up so early? Usually it's just me." 

"We think the baby will be making it's arrival soon, Elvis." You say, taking a sip of your water. Elvis whips around. 

"Today?" His eye almost shoot out of his head.

"Possibly today but more likely tomorrow since Y/N is able to walk and talk through her surges at the moment." Your mother added with a light smile on her face.

The rest of the day was different, everyone watched and help you, hoping for the baby to arrive soon. Your surges were still there usually happening every thirty to forty five minutes. You were still able to walk and talk and most important breathe through them, you also weren't in any pain. You never felt the need to read an books about labour and deliver because you had the story of the day you were born to help you. You were going to go the same way your mother did and welcome this baby to Graceland.