CHAPTER 1; The Banes

A sleek black van drove down the dark, quiet and wet street leading to Ceford Valley, the wind was cool and crisp. "Mom how much longer?" Seven year old Cassey Bane asked as he kicked his mother's car seat with his small stubby legs, "we're nearly there" Bridget Bane replied "you said that hours ago" Cassey moaned as the car continued down the street "we're nearly there, I promise" she said as Cassey sighed, "I still don't get it though" said Bethany Bane, "I explained it a million times honey" said Steven Bane, "I need somewhere quiet to write my next novel and Ceford Valley is the place" he said "well because of your book Fiona and I had to break up" said Sander Bane "boo-boo" said Bethany, as her brother glared at her, "mom are we there yet?" Cassey "no, honey but we're-" Bridget was cut off by the spluttering of the car engine "just great" Bethany muttered as Steven got out of the car and went to check the engine, he entered the car a few minutes later "what's wrong?" Sander asked "the battery's spoilt" Steven replied as he dialed the mechanic, luckily the sheriff gave him the mechanic's number the last time they came to visit, "hello, this is Steven Bane, I'm supposed to move in to Ceford Valley' but my car stopped on front of the sign board" said Steven "I'm on my way" was the reply "thanks" said Steven.
A loud screeching noise cut through the silence of the night, it echoed through every corner of the street like a hunting horn, "what was that?" Cassey asked gripping Bethany's hand "I don't know" Steven replied, as a fog rolled over them engulfing the street with the smell of decaying flesh, "where's the smell coming from?" Sander asked as he coughed fanning, his face, but as time passed the smell became more and more terrible so much so that it was as if they were rotting, all of a sudden a clanking sound echoed through the street, the Sound of rusted iron hitting each other "what the..?!" Sander muttered as he peered out the window, the van was surrounded by men wearing viking amour, the horns of their helmet glistening in the moonlight.
And then something rammed into the car sending it flying, Bridget screamed as the car spun in circles before flipping and coming to a stop. The Bane family managed to crawl out but not unscathed they were sporting cuts and bruises, Cassey gripped onto Bethany's jeans as the men in amour surrounded them five in all, upon closer inspection the family realized that they were in fact rotting men, and that the terrible odor was coming from them, "where is the Dragon's Gem and it's wearer?" One of the rotten men asked "I-I don't know" Steven stuttered as one of them ripped Cassey out of Sander's grasp, he squirmed and struggled as the man asked again "where is the Dragon's Gem and it's wearer?" "I don't know!" Steven yelled as the rotten man holding Cassey unsheathed it's rusted blade as stabbed the boy through the back. Cassey stopped struggling as the rotten man threw his body towards it's followers Bridget screamed as the other men began to eat the boy's body,  one of the men grabbed Bethany by her hair and sunk his teeth into her neck ripping out the flesh, while another sliced off Sander's head and proceeded to eat his body, and one pounced on Bridget ripping her apart "where is the Dragon's Gem and it's wearer?" The rotten man asked again, "I don't know" Steven replied as the rotten man took two steps towards him, and stared in his eyes, red meeting brown, and Steven started convulsing, he jumped into his feet, snarling and growling like a rapid dog as he proceeded to join the rotten men in eating the dead remains of his family.
Sirens blared as police cars surrounded the wreckage where the remains of the Bane family lay, "mom, you could have dropped me at home" Aric groaned as he leaned against the lush seated of his mom's silver sleek audi "the crime scene wasn't too far from the restaurant and I'm not wasting fuel driving you back home" said his mom, Helen, she had been called to stand in for her co-worker who was unavailable due a last minute trip, Aric rolled his eyes, as Helen stepped out of the car once she opened the door the putrid smell of rotten flesh hit his nose "what's that smell?" Aric muttered as Helen slammed the car door behind her, Aric brought out his phone planning to listen to some music, when he spotted a familiar head of curls.
"This place stinks!" Irena complained as she held her nose "literally and figuratively" Ava added, they were crutched behind some bushes watching police investigate the crime scene "it smells like rotten flesh" said Reese as he peeked out from behind the bushes, he spotted a familiar silver audi with a familiar auburn head in it, "crap! Aric's here" he muttered "Aric?! As as in super-hot-football-legend- Aric?" Haylee asked "I would have said super-cocky-arrogant-stuck-up-douchebag Aric" said Reese, as said boy turned to look at them spotting Reese, "well I'm out of here now that my night has been-" his voice trailed off as his eyes flashed silver and black, "Reese?!" Adriàn called grabbing him by the shoulders and shaking him, Reese just stared his mouth open, "I think we should lay him down" said Jake, Adriàn gently lay Reese down on the soft soil.
Everything was muffled and his vision was blurry, but he could make out men in rusted amour, and the words 'gem and wearer he tried to focus on what was happening but his vision still remained blurry one thing that remained loud and clear were their dying screams. He gasped and sat up,"Reese?! What happened?!" Haylee asked "I-I saw them dying, I mean I didn't see it clearly, it was kind of blurry but I could hear them dying and then there were these men in rusty amour and they kept saying 'wearer and gem" Reese explained, "maybe their looking for someone wearing a gem?" Cal suggested, "that's too vague pretty much every lady that lives on crescent street wear gems" said Cam, "but we have a lead at least" said Will, "yeah, even though it's pretty vague" said Kimberly "let's hear back" she said.
"So what happened?" Aric asked as Helen entered the car "the car was rammed by something with horns, the   family was ripped apart beyond recognition" said Helen "the mechanic thinks it's the Banes since they called him last" said Helen, "the Banes who were supposed to move in next door?" He asked Helen nodded, they met the Banes when they came to check out the house Helen had finished making some delicious brownies so she invited them in for some, Aric found the Bane girl, Bethany quiet pretty good enough for a one night stand, though her brothers were annoying the younger one because kids didn't like him and the older one because he kept wailing about his ex the love of his life, "the weird part is that they're only four bodies, one body is missing either the oldest Bane son or Mr. Bane himself" said Helen as she drove down the street.