CHAPTER 6; We Killed Them All

The putrid smell of rotten flesh invaded their senses, Adrian scanned the cafeteria and he spotted her, lying face flat on the table closest to the doors, a massive chunk of her shoulder and face was missing, her blood and insides painted the table red, Sofia screamed as she staggered backwards covering her mouth, Adrian frowned  past the smell of rotten flesh he could pick up the barely there scent of rotten flesh, 'they're still here' he thought to himself, "call 911" he said as he pushed Sofia backwards out of the cafeteria "what are you-" he cut her off by slamming the doors. He searching the cafeteria, nothing, he frowned as he searched behind the huge counter, the three lunch ladies that manned it were lying on the floor, dead, upon closer inspection Adrian realized that they had taken a huge bite out of their faces and shoulders like Mrs. Janet. The smell was getting thicker as he pushed open the kitchen doors.

Ava scribbled down some notes desperately trying to pay attention but there was a nagging feeling at the back of her head, but she chose to ignore it, tomorrow's pop-quiz was based on today's topic.

The kitchen was mess and not literally, dead bodies littered the floor creating puddles of blood, most of the bodies were missing parts of their bodies or had large chunks bitten out of them, Adrian frowned he couldn't find any Draugars and then all of a sudden in a massive blur a massive axe smacked him into a wall, he groaned as he hit the wall, Adriàn rolled to the side as the massive axe came flying towards him impaling itself in the wall beside him, the draugar responsible groaned at him, it was way taller and buffer than the draugars from yesterday, "where is the dragon's gem and it's wearer?" it asked, "why are you guys so hellbent on finding the dragon's gem?" Adrian asked as the draugar threw it's axe at him Adrian caught it mid-air flinging it aside, he burst into flames, "crap" he muttered his flames were burning his uniform, as the draugar unsheathed its sword it charged for him in a blur, on instinct Adriàn raised his arms to block the attack, luckily his flames protected his arms so he was left unscathed, the Draugar swung again but this time Adriàn was faster he grabbed the nearest table setting it aflame he chucked it at the Draugar setting it on fire, unlike the others it didn't burn to ash instead it attacked again, it slammed the hilt of his sword into Adriàn's gut sending him flying, Adriàn dug his feet into the ground steadying himself so he didn't fly into the wall, but that unfortunately did not prevent the attack from knocking the wind out of him, he fell on one knee, coughing as the Draugar attacked in a blur slicing him on the side, Adriàn winced as the rusted blade cut his skin, the Draugar kicked him in the gut sending him flying into the same wall he had hit moments ago, he groaned as he coughed up blood sliding down the wall, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as he grabbed the axe that had been impaled in the wall, setting it on fire, as the Draugar charged again in a blur, Adriàn blocked the attack with the axe swing it at the Draugar sending it flying he got up shakily on his feet. The Draugar attacked again slicing his arm, Adriàn winced as he sliced off the Draugar's sword arm, the Draugar staggered backwards as Adriàn kicked the Draugar in the gut it flew backwards slamming into the wall, but in a second it was up again and triple it's height which meant it was now touching the ceiling, Adriàn scrambled out of the way as the Draugar attempted to stomp on him, weaved in and out of the tables, trying to avoid being crushed by the Draugar, he climbed on top of the table nearest to the Draugar and jumped bringing the axe down he sliced off the Draugar's head, the Draugar staggered about one of its large arms knocking into Adriàn sending him flying into the door.
Reese frowned as police sirens blared through the whole school, "what's going on?" Aric asked as Reese shrugged in reply, the principal's voice sounded over the intercom 'all students must remain in class while the police officers thoroughly investigate the school I repeat all students should remain in class while the police officers thoroughly investigate the school' Aric looked around at the confused face of his fellow classmates as suddenly the class was engulfed in darkness, when he blinked the class was back to normal, but Reese was missing.
"What do you think is happening?" Haylee asked "I don't know, I'll try to contact the others" Kimberly replied as she whipped out her phone and sent a text
Kimberly: where are you guys?
Reese: in boys bathroom
Kimberly: hold on I'll get, Ava, Hina and Haylee
Reese: okay I'll be waiting
Ava tried to calm down her nerves what could have happened, she was yanked out of her daydream when her phone beeped, it was a text from Kimberly
Kimberly : I'm in the boy's toilet meet me there
Ava looked around her classmates were chatting loudly and her teacher was more interested in her phone so she snuck out. Hina's fingers grazed over the hilt the of her swords even though Northern point middle school was in a different building the rules of staying in class still applied her phone buzzed and she quickly checked her text message
Kimberly: I'm the boy's toilet meet me there
Adriàn leaned against the door, he could hear footsteps "crap it's the police" he muttered as he tried to scramble away instead Aric poked his head in "what happened to you?" He asked referring to Adriàn's lack of school uniform and his charred skin "and what's that smell" said Aric covering his nose as he entered the cafeteria closing the door behind him "crap, is that Mrs. Janet?" He said "and again what happened to you?" He asked  "um, the murder tried to burn me but I you know managed to put out the flames" Adriàn lied as Aric rose an eyebrow "seriously?" He said "seriously" Adriàn replied "we both know that's a crappy lie" said Aric "you don't have to explain if you don't want to, let's just leave" said Aric as he grabbed Adriàn by the wrist and dragged him out shielding him from the officers that were scouring the area, he dragged Adriàn into the boy's locker room, he handed Adriàn his gym wear "it's slightly sweaty but it's better than batman briefs "dude!" Said Adriàn as Aric shrugged.
"Ava can you connect with Adriàn telepathically?" asked Kimberly as Ava closed her eyes when she opened them they were red, 'Adrian where are you?' she asked 'the boy's locker room with Aric'  he replied 'do you know anything about what happened in school?' she asked 'yeah, where are you guys?' he asked 'boy's toilet' she replied.
"Thanks for the clothes" said Adriàn "no problem" said Aric, the boys stood neither saying anything to each other, "I've got to go" said Adriàn, "you still don't like me, do you?" Said Aric as he leaned against his locker "I've forgiven you but I haven't forgotten and I don't think he has either, he might show it but he's still struggling but am sure you've noticed it" said Adriàn as he left Aric to ponder on his words.
"What do you mean there was a druagar we killed them yesterday" said Reese "they're more, and the one I fought was stronger, bigger and faster, heck I don't think I killed it when I chopped off it's head it vanished" said Adriàn "so just how many are they?" Ava asked "as many as it takes to find who and what they're looking for" Adriàn replied