Chapter 13; To Kill Or Not To Kill

Aric groaned his vision was filled with black spots and he could hear distorted voices 'what should we do with him?' 'kill him' 'seriously?!' 'yeah, I could wipe away all the evidence out of sight out of mind it would be as if he never even existed' 'Elenore's right It would take care of all our problems' 'Irena!' 'what?! I'm just agreeing with 'Elenore's suggestion is not like I'm going to freeze him to death and smash him into a thousand pieces' 'i still can't believe you used your powers  in front of him!' 'i had no choice, Draugars attacked and he was being a stubborn douchebag not wanting to go inside and hide'. Aric groaned as the dark spots disappeared from his vision making the colors around him blurry 'he's waking up!' said a familiar voice, Aric groaned as the colors around him sharpened and he could see where he was, in a cavern tied to a wooden chair by vines  surrounded by unknown people who were glaring at him except from Reese, Adriàn and Hina "what the hell?" He said "hey Aric" said Reese awkwardly grinning at him, Irena pushed him out of the way "listen up pretty boy of you tell a single soul about what happened I will-""Irena you're scaring him" Hina interupted "he should be scared" she said Irena a she tossed back her blonde braid "listen Aric we're going to explain from the very beginning" said Sage.
Aric stared them in disbelief "so the murders six months ago were witches?" He asked, they nodded "and you guys are supernaturals?" He asked they nodded again "and you have powers?" "So you're doubting everything we just told you ?" Adriàn asked "most of it not all of it, I meet a siren a couple of days ago" said Aric "a siren?" Freddie echoed "yeah, you know hot man-eating monsters" said Will as Jake elbowed him "so who's the siren?" Irena asked "Sarina" Aric replied.
            ***************
"So you told them" said Sarina, "yeah, they're supernaturals" said Aric "supernaturals haven't existed in aeons it's hard to believe they exist" said Sarina "well I'll take you to meet them" he said as Sarina slammed her locker shut. "What are you doing here?" Ava asked as Aric and Sarina plopped down on their table "Sarina meet the supernaturals, supernaturals meet Sarina the siren" said Aric "hey" said Sarina "so Sarina do you have any idea about the attacks lately?" Ava asked, Sarina frowned as she chewed on her broccoli "they're attacks?" She asked "great and here I was thinking she had some information" Kimberly muttered "yeah, they've been Draugar attacks" said Reese, Sarina frowned "what the hell is a druagar?" She asked "you know stinky undead vikings" said Hina "i still don't know" said Sarina "do you have any clue about the dragon's gem?" Haylee asked "that I think I might actually know" said Sarina as she tapped her chin thoughtfully "so what do you know?" Adriàn asked "um, the Dragon's Gem belongs to a powerful Dragon shifter and it's always hidden in plain sight like for all we know someone seating right here could have the Dragon's Gem and we'll never know until..." " Until what?" Adriàn asked, "I can't remember" she replied shrugging "oh my god" said  Ava leaning against her chair "my pops should know more so you guys can come over" she said, "oh okay, we'll be there by seven" said Reese. "Listen up punks we have a game in a couple of weeks and it's against Southern point Academy I want everyone in top condition especially you three" said the coach pointing at Adriàn, Aric and Reese "yes coach" the team echoed as they made their way to the showers "I feel so sweaty" said Reese as he stripped and hopped into the shower "you're meant to sweaty as Adriàn as he turned the knob.
            ************
After an hour of frantic driving in the woods and they finally made it to Sarina's abode. Dr. Pattinson was hunched over a beaker filled with purplish liquid mumbling something under his breath "is this the guy we're relying on?" Irena asked as Ablva elbowed her in the side "hey pops I'm back" said Sarina flopping on the small couch "oh, hey honey you brought back some guests" said Dr. Patterson as  he looked up at them, he stared at them through the tops of his glasses "ah, supernaturals, I haven't seen one in aeons" he said "Sarina said you knew more about the Dragon's Gem" said Kimberly getting straight to the point "ah, yes the Dragon's Gem" he said as he removed his glasses and cleaned them with his shirt and then placed it back on his face "it starts from the ancient norse mythology of the dragon god Farnir, the former dwarf prince cursed to become a dragon, die to his greed he was said to posses a hoard of beautiful treasures  one day a viking sent to slay the dragon god managed to steal a gem  without the Dragon knowing, the dragon god found out and used the gem turning the viking into a dragon the curse runs through. The vikings entire blood lien and they're known as the descendants of the dragon god"Mr
Patterson explained "so the owner of the Dragon's Gem is descendant of Farnir the dragon god "said Cam "exactly" said Dr. Patterson ""but the people the Draugars attacked why the" Cal asked "because they must have indirectly directly made contact with the dragon gem" Dr. Patterson replied "all the victims are dead except from Reese, Mr
Bane and me" said Aric "I was also attacked" said Adriàn, Dr. Patterson frowned "I can try and search Mr
Bane's meomeries" said Sage "you can do that?" Jake asked Sage nodded"I've been practicing so it wouldn't be hundred percent efficient" she replied "I'll head to the morgue and check out Mrs
Janet's meomeries" aid Reese, "I'll come with" said Aric "Me too I want to go with Sage" said Freddie "I'll also go with Sage incase Freddie decides to do anything crazy" said Adriàn vas they left the cabin.
"So what do we do?" Irena asked as the putrid smell of rotten flesh rolled over the cabin "I guess that answers my question" she muttered.