CHAPTER 5; Battle In The Morgue

Aric could only see fire, green flames everywhere, flames that burnt everything in it's path yet it wrapped him in it's warm embrace for once silencing the voice never in his life had he felt such content. Hina gaped as the men in amour increased in size growing three times taller so that their heads nearly touched the ceiling "what are they?" Freddie asked "Draugars" Mr. Ronsith replied, as the Draugars regarded them with their beady red eyes, "where is the Dragon's Gem and it's wearer" the leader asked "dragon's gem?" Cal echoed "what the hell are they talking about?" Kimberly asked as the Draugar raced for Irena with incredible speed slamming her into the wall "they're just as fast as Freddie" said Cal, as Irena staggered to her feet if it were any mortal they would have been dead, she made a fist frost gathering in her hand as she created an ice staff, the Draugar attacked slamming it's axe downwards Irena blocked as ice spike grew out from it impaling the Draugar she spun around carrying the Draugar with her as she slammed him in a wall "taste of your own medicine" she said, the second Draugar threw it's axe at Freddie who swiftly dodged it the two of them engaging in a high speed battle that blurred around the others, Kimberly charged for the last Draugar Hina beside her as the two of them attacked in union, Kimberly slashing the draugar's legs and Hina slicing the Draugars knee, Will bent his fingers creating a ball of lightning which he threw at the Draugar Freddie was battling,  Jake raised his arms sending as the ground under the Draugar Irena was fighting erupted lava spewing forth, the Draugar howled in agony as the lava reduced him to ashes, Cal closed his eyes focusing on the energy around him, as electricity crackled all around him, he spread out his arms sending a wave of electricity through the entire room, the Draugars growled and howled as the electricity cursed through their undead bodies, they stopped and then staggered out of the building.
The Draugars stared at them as they increased in height, "were is the Dragon's Gem and it's wearer?" The first Draugar asked "we don't know" said Elenore as the first Draugar charged for Reese, he stretched his fingers as tendrils made of darkness coiled around his hands he thrust them out wrapping them around the Draugar he made a fist as the dark tendrils elongated crawling up he Draugar engulfing it In darkness, "anyone else want to attack?" Said Reese as the other Draugars charged for them, Haylee and Adriàn burst into flames, thrusting their hands out they burnt the remaining Draugars, "so we're done here" said Elenore "it seems so" said Reese as he tried to carry Aric "damn, he's heavy" said Reese "let's head back" said Ava.
Aric slowly blinked his eyes open as sunlight infiltrated his vision, he groaned, sitting up he rubbed the back of his head, yesterday something happened but he couldn't remember the events of yesterday seemed rather hazy, he pushed those thoughts out of his head and focused on the fact that for once he wasn't woken up by the voices, he leaned back against his pillows relishing the sound of silence.
He padded into the bathroom following his normal routine after that he padded downstairs to the kitchen his mother wasn't cooking breakfast as usual so he assumed she was in the hospital, he sighed as he grabbed a cereal bar, he frowned searching for his car keys, he went outside to check his garage. No car. 'What the hell?' he muttered as an infuriating car horn dragged him out of his confusion, he turned around so he was facing the road, Reese's car was parked by the driveway, "what are you-" he was cut off by the car horn "can you please-" more horning "please stop-" more horning "CAN YOU PLEASE STOP PRESSING THE DAMN HORN!!" he yelled as Reese rolled down his window "why you standing there looking like a girl dumped you for the second time?" Reese asked as Aric glowered at him "aren't you that guy that was at the-" said a cute Japanese girl, but she was cut off by Adriàn, "I can drive you" said Reese, Aric narrowed his eyes at him "why are you being so nice?" He asked "cause I'm not a douchebag, so hop in before I change my mind" said Reese.
Jake could literally feel the tension between the auburn haired guy and Reese "is it just me or does anyone else feel like walking to school?" Will whispered "I feel you, they've been glaring at each other, "are they going to fight or just glare?" Sage asked "I have a feeling it's the latter" said Kimberly "what's up with you guys? Did a girl break your hearts or something?" Freddie asked as Kimberly elbowed his side "ow!" He moaned as Aric turned to glare at him "it's none of your business" he replied in a clipped tone "you don't have be so rude you douchebag" said Reese "you know what this was a terrible idea I'm  leaving" said Aric, Reese turned to face him with a cold glare "you better sit your ass down" he said, as the two continued their death glare match, "can you two talk like civilized human beings" said Irena, "don't bother Irena it's a waste of time" said Adriàn as he sipped his hot chocolate, "you two are acting like pre-school kids grow up and make up" said Sage as Reese stopped at Southern Point Academy, "well this is our stop" said Will, "hope you find your car, so we can go back to our normal car drives" said Cal, as Cam elbowed him "he means we'll be glad to have you anything you misplace your car" said Can "I for sure wouldn't be glad you two spent the entire drive glaring and that put me in a bad mood" said Irena "you're always in a bad mood" Freddie pointed out.
"THE DEAD ARE COMING!THE DEAD ARE COMING!!! THE DEAD ARE COMING!!!!" Aric covered his ear with his hands as he hid in the bathroom stall this time he had taken four pills but the voices were still screeching in his ears "stop it! Stop! Stop! Stop!" His vision was blurring  with tears and he could feel bony fingers scratching his skin "stop! Stop! Stop!" He screamed as he clawed at his skin. The voices stopped. And he exhaled sliding down against the cool tiled wall he inhaled she exhaled trying to catch his breath.
Aric surveyed the biology classroom, all the seats were taken all except the one next to Reese, Aric glared at his teammates he had told them to save a seat for him before he rushed to the toilet, he sighed and plopped down next to Reese who didn't seem thrilled that he was seating next to him, "I'm not happy about this either" said Aric before Reese could complain, "whatever just don't disturb me" said Reese as he went back to doodling in his note, Mr. Littleton entered the class and started to hand out the worksheet of their previous quiz, "as usual this class made me question my teaching degree and my career" he said as he handed Aric his paper Aric gaped at his grade a fat red B- stared back at him, "all except Mr. Norman" said Mr. Littleton as he handed Reese his paper Aric court see a big fat A+ Reese beamed "nerd" Aric muttered under  his breath loud enough for Reese to hear, for a moment Aric saw a look of hurt flash in the boy's dark eyes before he scowled at him, "at least am not dumb enough to fail a simple test" said Reese, Aric glared at him, that test was anything but simple, heck he studied for six hours to prepare for the test and he still found it difficult bit of course Reese found it easy the boy was a science inclined prodigy he had As in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Advanced calculus, plus he took the AP chemistry and Biology with the seniors all while studying college courses for all three core science subjects, the down side was Reese was failing every class that wasn't said four subjects he had two Fs in economics and geography and a D in French, unlike Aric who had As in every subject that wasn't physics although he didn't take AP classes even though the teachers advised him to it was too much work.
Adriàn drummed his fingers in his desk waiting for his creative arts teacher to show up, he glanced at the clock, Mrs. Janet was late thirty minutes late that never ever happened she was usually in class five minutes early, sipping her coffee and scolding them for being late, "something is wrong" said Sofia the girl who sat next to him in creative arts "yeah" Adriàn agreed, "have you seen her at all this morning?" He asked, she nodded "I saw her in the cafeteria" she replied, "thanks, I'll go check on her" he said getting up from his seat, "I'll come with you" said Sofia, okay" said Adriàn. The two students made their way to the cafeteria, the doors were slammed close, "no!" Adriàn muttered "what is that smell?" Sofia asked scrunching her nose, as Adriàn pushed open the doors, the putrid smell of rotten flesh invaded their senses.