CHAPTER 11; What Happened

"Aric! Aric! Aric! Wake up!" Said Helen as she attempted to wake a sleeping Aric, he groaned and rolled over "what's wrong?" He asked as he yawned and sat up "the sheriff's downstairs he wants to talk to us" said  Helen "it's five o'clock on Sunday morning what could be so urgent?" Aric asked as he got out of bed running his fingers through his hair. When they were all seated with a cup of hot tea the sheriff began "I don't know how to make this sound less painful than it already is" he said"but Gordon is dead" he said slowly, Helen and Aric stared the sheriff taking a moment to digest what the sheriff had just said, after which Helen promptly broke down, and Aric wrapped her comforting her, he didn't notice he was crying until he felt something warm and wet slide down his cheek "how?" He managed to ask, the sheriff shook his head "most likely murdered" he said, Helen sobbed even louder and the sheriff took it as his cue to leave. Aric flopped on his bed, he had managed to put his mom to sleep as he slowly drifted off to sleep himself.
The next day at school everyone knew about his dad's murder and he had to endure countless pitying looks and words of comfort from people he had never spoken to before. "I can't wait to go home" he said as Sarina took a bite out of her turkey wrap "I feel you" she said as she licked the corner of her mouth "so are you still apologizing to Reese?" She asked as she scanned the cafeteria for the boy, she spotted him behind a wall of five students and as Aric had told her he was indeed very pretty with  white skin, curly black hair that glistened in the sunlight it framed his small heart shaped face, his perfectly arched eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes were swirling pools of onyx, under his left eye and cheek was a huge purple bruise in courtesy of Aric, he had a small button nose and his plump red-pink lips were pulled down in a frown, so the beauty mark beside them was visible "damn, he's some serious eye sugar" said Sarina as  Aric rolled his eyes "anyways go apologize to him" said Sarina "how? He's friends look like they want to hang me for murder" said Aric "I'll distract them you go talk to him" said Sarina as she stood up.
Reese stabbed his cucumber with his fork glaring at his friends who were glaring at Aric "If murder was allowed I would have run him over with your car until it runs out of gas" Ava muttered as she chomped on her Cesar salad "totally" Hina agreed as she bit out of her sandwich, "hey, um can one of you help with something" everyone at their table looked up at the gorgeous girl Reese remembered her as Sarina the new girl. "Hey!" Aric whispered from beside Reese startling the boy "what do you want?" He asked "we need to talk. Alone" he said Reese nodded and followed him our of the cafeteria. Aric leaned against the wall while Reese sat on the toilet "I'm sorry about dinner" said Aric as Reese fiddled with his fingers "I'm sorry about everything" said Reese, as Aric closed his eyes "I want to know why you did it" said Aric "because I hated you" Reese replied "hated? So what you don't hate me anymore?" Aric asked jokingly, Reese shrugged "depends" he said "back then you were perfect, good grades, good looks, good at sports, popular you were everything I wasn't" he said as he tucked a lock of hair behind his ear "back them when they teased me, when they made me feel terrible about the way I looked" he continued "you never said anything you were always there watching I hated you for that too" said Reese "Adriàn helped a lot and I realized I like the way I look even though I look like a girl with no boobs and a penis" said Reese "you're right about that" said Aric as Reese glared at him jokingly "in middle school I was going through some serious crap, my dad died and stuff was just-well terrible, I met Kelly and we hit off, we liked each other and when I realized you liked her too Even though she clearly and obviously dislikes you, I hated you even more so I told her about the prank and she agreed" he said "I shouldn't have let it continue as long as it did I didn't know you were that into her" he said, Aric shrugged "so a truce or do we still hate each other?" He asked "truce" said Reese "oh, and um I heard what happened to your dad it sucks" said Reese "how long did it take?" Aric asked "huh?" Said Reese "how long did it take for it to stop hurting" said Aric "it never stops hurting" Reese replied "it just starts to hurt less and becomes a dull ache but for the first few months years even, it hurts like hell" he said, "so how did you get through it?" Aric asked "Adriàn helped his family helped too and so did my grandparents, and Kelly  and my brother and Sara" he replied "what I mean is that everyone o care about helped" he said "I don't think that will work for me" said Aric "you don't have anyone that cares?" Reese asked, "my mom does but she can barely get up without bursting into tears, my grandparents from my dad's side are dead and my mom's family hate my dad" Aric explained "sucks" said Reese "yeah, Sarina's trying but she's not exactly the best person to go to for emotional support" said Aric "how come?" Reese asked "she lacks sympathy" Aric replied, "okay then it's settled" said Reese, Aric frowned at him "what's settled?" He asked, "I'll be the one to care for you" he replied, as he grabbed Aric's hand intertwining their fingers "I'll be your emotional support" he said as he grinned at Aric.