CHAPTER 2; Forever Enemies

"The dead are coming? The dead are coming! The dead are-"  ARic groaned as he sat up, wide awake again he was woken up by the voices and not his alarm, he stretched out his hand to grab his crappy drugs that his doctor had recommended, this time it was a higher dose Aric was sure that if they didn't work then his therapist would send him to the mental institute at the far corner of Ceford Valley, he popped two red pills into his mouth and gulped down some water swinging his feet out of bed he padded into his bathroom, he brushed his teeth and took a cold shower, drying himself off, he slipped into his school uniform, he padded down the stairs to the kitchen where his mom was making breakfast. "Morning mom" he said as he gave her a brief hug, relishing the scent of her fresh french toast, "morning Aric" she said as she kissed his temple, he piled a mountain of pancakes on his plate he tended to eat more when the voices were louder and today was no exception, "do you have any plans on Saturday?" Helen asked as she joined him at the table, Aric frowned as he gulped down some orange juice "no, why?" He asked, "my co-worker, Sara she invited us over for dinner to thank we for covering for her while she was gone" Helen replied, Aric groaned he hated dinners, "Aric" said Helen "fine!" Said Aric "great" she said as he grabbed his car keys and left the house.
"Coffee!" Said Freddie, Sage raised an eyebrow at her best friend "you want coffee?" She asked as Freddie nodded "dude! the sugar in coffee will make you hyperactive" said Jake "his already hyperactive, if he had sugar he'll probably run from here to Times Square" said Irena as she helped Hina adjust the hairpins that held up her hair, "she's right, you about have hot cocoa with marshmallows sprinkles and chocolate chips" said Hina, Reese frowned "marshmallows, sprinkles and chocolate chips?" He asked, Hina nodded "it's amazing!" She said, "everyone's having hot chocolate" said Adriàn "but I want a cappuccino!" Ava moaned "hot chocolate and that's final" said Adriàn "fine!" Ava moaned as Reese pulled up  at the parking lot of Ben's cafe, "everyone stay inside and Kimberly you're in charge of the car" said Reese "will do" Kimberly replied as Reese and Adriàn got out of the car and made their way into the cafe.
Aric sighed as he parked his car at Ben's cafe, there was a steady stream of morning customers that consisted of coffee deprived teens and adults who hated their jobs. Aric ordered his cup of coffee which he desperately needed it made him less grumpy than usual, he glanced at the display rack looking at the red velvet sponge cake there was only one slice left, we walked up to the counter, "can I have the red velvet sponge cake" "wait what?!"said Aric and Reese in unison glaring at it other, while Adriàn sipped his hot chocolate in the background checking the time on his phone, "what are you doing here?!" Reese asked angrily "buying a hot beverage like everyone else in here, duh" Aric replied as Reese glared at him, he turned to the cashier a pretty brunette girl who looked a little older than them, he grinned at her his goofy grin that always made girls giggle and fawn over him, "hi, I would like-" "your number" said Aric winking at the girl, she giggled as turned to face Aric completely ignoring Reese who was practically fuming "is that all you want?" She asked winking back at him "well that and the last slice of Velvet sponge cake" he said "okay" the girl replied as she brought it out from the display rack and carefully placed it in a small white box, she quickly scribbled her number with a black sharpie as Aric handed her twenty dollars, "I'll call you" he said, "hold up douchebag! I got there first and I ordered the cake first" said Reese frowning at him "too bad" Aric replied lazily "you freaking-" "Reese we have to go Freddie and Hina are starting to get jumpy and Irena looks like she wants to kill them" said Adriàn, "I'm coming I need to sort out this douchebag" he said "look Reese I know you're mad but it's just one slice of cake you can't be that desperate" said Aric, as Reese glared at him "yeah, I could say the same thing, it was just one girl you can't be that-" Aric grabbed him by his collar "I dare you to finish that sentence" he growled "it's just one girl you can't be that desperate!" Said Reese as Aric swung at Reese but Adriàn caught it "you guys should causing a scene" he said removing Reese from Aric's grasp, "causing a scene?! I was just saying the truth!" Reese protested as Adriàn dragged him out of the cafe.
"What took you so long?" Kimberly asked "yeah, Irena nearly killed Freddie and Hina" said Cal as Reese got into a car, "he nearly got into a fight" said Adriàn, "really?" the others asked in disbelief usually Reese was always, joking around and grinning throwing sarcastic comments here and there and never really taking anything seriously, "and I would have won if not for Adriàn" said Reese as Adriàn handed the other a cup of hot chocolate each, Cam snorted "I doubt you could win a fight against Sage" he said "what's that supposed to mean?" Sage and Reese asked in unison "he means, that Reese is physically lacking" said Jake "physically lacking?!" Said Reese "yeah" Will agreed "Adriàn are you listening to this?" said Reese "they're not lying" said Adriàn, "you're a little below the average physique of an average sixteen year old boy" said Kimberly as she looked Reese up and down squinting behind her red rimmed glasses, "I could help you work out, my dad own the gym most of the MMA trainees come to" said Haylee "you mean Muscle Freaks?" Will asked Haylee nodded "I could whip up a workout schedule that will give Reese abs to die for in two months" said Haylee, "well, I'm going to prove to you guys that I'm clearly not physically lacking by joining the football team" said Reese "Reese no offense but are you crazy?!" Hina asked "most of the guys are the size of beasts!" Said Hina "Reese I don't want to have to explain to Sara how her beloved stepson ended up in the hospital with a broken spine" said Adriàn, "well, I'm a supernatural I'll figure something out" he said as he parked at the entrance of Southern point Academy "well, good luck" said Freddie as he, Sage, Cal, Cam, Irena, Jake and Will left the car.
Aric parked his car in the school parking lot he sighed giving himself a pep talk, it was football season and that meant two things scouts and girls not that he really needed scouts he had good enough grades and the money to pay for college fees, but he still wanted a football scholarship he wasn't sure why but it was what he had been working towards from freshman year, he sighed as he ran his fingers through his auburn hair, he got out of the car slamming the car door behind him, he heard a familiar laugh , his heart clenched as he whipped around catching her eye, Kelly Jones, the prettiest girl in sophomore year, well according to him most people thought she was rather average looking, with chocolate brown hair, that was fixed in a long braid, an oval face with freckles and full lips, there was mothy impressive about her figure or her personality but her eyes they were wide and a beautiful mix of different shades of blue, she glared at him and he looked away, he could still remember her last words clearly 'I never liked you! It was just a dare! I've always liked him! Not you! Because he's way better than you are!' he shuddered ridding himself of the memory as he entered the school halls.
"Please just give me one last chance!" Riley begged pouting at him, in a way she thought was supposed to look cute but it only irked him, he slammed his locker shut making her jump she was causing a scene he specifically told her 'it's just a one night stand' and she seemed perfectly fine with it now she was begging him to stay with her as of they were an item, "look Rae" Aric began "Riley" she corrected "whatever" he said "the point it we had a one night stand no strings attached, we were never a thing so go look for some other dude to leech on I need to get to class" he said pushing past her.
"He's so hot" Haylee gushed as Aric marched down the hallway after publicly embarrassing Riley "he's a class one asshole" said Reese slamming his locker shut "I can totally agree, using women like toys and then dumping them when he's tired" said Kimberly glaring at him, her mother was an active feminist and Kimberly had grown up that way so she naturally disliked guys like Aric "always trying to get into their pants" he muttered as he stuffed his books in his locker and grabbed his history note and textbook, Aric marched past them purposely knocking into Reese's shoulder making him stumble backwards Kimberly put a hand on his shoulder to steady him, "hold up, you and Aric don't like each other?" Haylee asked "I thought I made that clear" said Reese as they walked down the hallway "I thought it was one sided I never knew he hated you too" said Haylee, "yeah, what happened between you too?" Kimberly asked "nothing" Reese replied as he walked ahead of them, "is it that bad?" Haylee whispered to Adriàn "it is, it was way worse in middle school but it cooled down when they became freshmen, in middle school it was more physical and both of them always ended up in the nurse's office" said Adriàn, "so what happened why do they hate each other?" Kimberly asked "Reese will tell you when his ready" Adriàn replied. Reese sighed as someone plopped down beside him, "hey" said a familiar voice, Reese looked up from  his doodling, he grinned "hey" he replied as she giggled "you're still as pretty as ever" she said scribbling down some notes, "I can say the same thing to you" said Reese as Kelly tucked a stray lock of brown hair behind her ear, her cheeks littered with a small blush. Aric glared from where he was seated, as he watched the flirt, "hey, Aric you're trying out for the team right?" Walter one of his teammates asked, as Aric scoffed "of course" he replied, their coach made them try out every year along with the newbies so he could in quote 'get rid of the old and bring in the new' "we are so winning the championships" said Walter as Aric grinned he'll show her, he'll show her why he was better than him.