CHAPTER 3; Tryouts

"Are you still serious about joining the football team?" Ava asked as she poked her meatloaf, "absolutely" Reese replied as he chomped on his grilled cheese sandwich, Ava glanced at Adriàn telepathically conversing with him 'please tell me you didn't let him sign up'  she said, Adriàn nodded as Ava sighed, "Reese can you play football?" Hina asked as she took a bite of her sushi twirling her customized chop-sticks between her fingers "yeah, it's pretty simple, pick a ball avoid being tackled and run to the other end of the field" he replied "don't forget that the team members are four times your size and height" said Kimberly "and extremely hot" said Ava glancing at the table where the football team sat, Reese rolled his eyes, as he spotted a familiar face their eyes met for a second and she grinned at him and he grinned back, they averted their eyes, Ava nudged his side "who was that?" She asked raising an eyebrow, as Reese lowered his eyes a faint dusting of pink covered his cheeks, "that's Kelly Jones she's the head of the newspaper committee" said Kimberly "speaking of news did you hear anything about the murder yesterday?" Adriàn asked "I asked my mom but she said it's classified, they haven't told the public yet and they're trying to keep it a secret from the press, I guess if we want to find out anything we have to sneak into the morgue and hack into the sheriff's department classified files" said Ava "luckily we have Cal" said Kimberly, "so we sneak in this night, we split up and check the files and the morgue then meet up at Mr. Ronsith's lair" said Reese.
Aric glared at Reese, watching as he made eye contact with Kelly they acted like love sick middle schoolers but deep down he wished Kelly looked at him like that instead of her usual expression of dislike, "hey Aric what happened between you and Riley l thought you were going to settle down with her?" Phineas asked, Aric snorted "I don't plan to settle down anytime soon" he replied "that's our captain" said Richard as he slapped Aric on the back, Aric smirked as he caught Reese glaring at him, 'the dead are coming! THE DEAD ARE COMING!' he stood up abruptly, pushing his tray forward he grabbed his bag and raced out of the cafeteria, the voices were getting louder which each step he took, it was coming from all around him echoing from everywhere as he rushed into the boy's bathroom and shut himself in a stall, 'THE DEAD ARE COMING! THE DEAD ARE COMING!'  the voices were screaming hysterically Aric could feel them their bony fingers grabbing his biceps as he leaned against the wall, searching for his drugs he shoved them into his mouth, three pills instead of two, but the voices were getting louder 'THE DEAD ARE COMING!!! THE DEAD ARE COMING!!!' "stop! Stop! Stop!" He muttered as he clamped his hands over his ears desperately trying to block out the screams that seemed to echoed through the cramped stall "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" He screamed clutching his head as he hugged his knees to his chest burying his head between his knees, tears threatening to escape, "shut up, please" he begged brokenly as the voices began to calm down disappearing to just a faint whisper he exhaled, standing up on his wobbly feet he made his way out of the stall, washed his face, fixed his uniform, and marched out of the toilet.
"Adriàn are you listening to me?" Reese asked poking his best friend's fore arm, they were currently in home ec class, the teacher was yet to arrive and the students were chatting amongst themselves, Reese was telling Adriàn about a car he saw for sale, "no, no I am not" Adriàn replied "but you had to be listening to hear me ask you of you were-" "Reese, I'm not in the mood for your philosophy crap" said Adriàn as he went back to completing his french assignment, unlike Reese who went for the science courses, Adriàn went for language courses which meant he did a couple of art subjects and learnt three languages, French, Spanish and Chinese, Reese didn't envy him one bit, "but-" Reese was cut off by Mrs. Freida's entrance, "morning class" she said as the class mumbled their greetings "okay, I'm going to switch up the seating arrangements a little" she said.
Aric glared at Mrs. Freida, 'Mrs.Frieda" he began giving her his award winning smile that made women melt, "yes, dear" she replied "I can't seat next to Reese" he said, Mrs. Frieda shook her head "it's already been arranged" she said as he janitor wheeled in a cart of baby dolls, "okay students due to your raging teenage hormones and your inability to keep it in your pants, for this baby project girls will team up with girls and boys will team up with boys, hence the new seating arrangement" said Mrs. Frieda, "oh gods no" Reese muttered, "your seat partners will be your partners" said Mrs. Frieda, "um, Mrs. Frieda can I partner with someone else who isn't Aric?" Reese asked, Mrs. Frieda shook her head, "Reese you're barely passing my class, I paired you up with Aric so he could help you out" she said, as Reese turned red, Aric smirked relishing his embarrassment "now, for the rest of this term you will take care of the babies together and each of you must have a report written out to handed in, this is fifty percent of your grade" she said as she handed babies to their partners, "I know you two don't get along" said Mrs. Frieda, as she handed them their baby, Aric snorted they literally hated each other's existence, "but I hope you two work together to take care of this baby I look forward to receiving your reports" she said Aric stared at the baby doll in his hands, "you better not screw this up" said "screw what up?" Aric asked "I mean no one night stands when we're supposed to be looking after the baby" said Reese, Aric rolled his eyes "I don't need you telling me what to do" said Aric "well I can't fail this class" said Reese, "you're already failing it" said Aric as Reese turned red with furry and them faced the board not talking or glancing at Aric until class was over, "give me your address" he demanded, Aric frowned at him "why?" He asked, Reese rolled his eyes, "for the project we might as well start today" he said, "fine, we'll exchange numbers and I'll text you the address" said Aric.
"You have a baby project with him?" Ava asked in disbelief as they marched out to the field, "unfortunately" Reese replied, "well I'll be cheering for you guys" she said as she smiled at him and jogged to were the other cheerleaders were, "yeah, we'll cheering for you guys too" said Haylee as Kimberly dragged her to where the track team was, "are you ready?" Adriàn asked Reese shrugged "I guess" he said.
Aric frowned as he spotted Reese on the field "what the hell are you doing here?!" He demanded, as he glared at the boy who stared back nonchalantly at him "I'm here for the tryouts" he said as he strapped on his football gear, Aric laughed harshly "are you serious?" He said "you know you're actually supposed to be built like a guy not a princess" said Aric a pained look flashed across Reese's eyes for a second it looked like he was going to cry but he simply smirked "watch me, I am going to kick your ass" said Reese as he put on the helmet, Aric laughed "in your dreams" he said "you're going to wish you were dreaming when I'm done" he said.
And true to his words Reese really did kick his ass, well not his ass but he made the team look stupid, he and his best friend Adriàn completely dominated the try out, Aric stood watching as Reese weaved in between his teammates dodging their tackles, and scoring the last touchdown "Norman! Apellido! You're in!" He yelled. Aric glared at Reese as he removed his helmet shaking out his wet sweaty curls, sweat glistening on his white skin making him glow a little, he turned to face Aric a small smirk gracing his red-pink lips, Aric could feel a blush creeping up his face as he shook his head, scowling at Reese.
"You guys were awesome!" Said Ava ask they piled into Reese's car, "if am being honest I had no ideas what I was doing" said Adriàn, "I didn't know you knew how to play football" said Hina, "my brother taught me" he replied, "you have a brother?" Hina asked as Adriàn sent her a look, she kept quiet, "that's a conversation for another day" said Reese. "Did he get in?" Freddie asked as he entered the car, "yup, he was freaking amazing" Haylee replied, "whoa! " Said Cam, "so does that make you a jock?" Irena asked as she dumped her hockey bag in the boot, "well yeah, kind of" Reese replied, "so we have two new jocks, congrats guys" said Kimberly as Reese dropped her off.
Reese dropped Irena off last because her house was a couple of blocks away from Aric's, "you know your house is pretty far from mine, I could have walked home" she said as hopped out  the car grabbing her hockey bag, "I have a baby project with Aric and he lives a couple of blocks from here" Reese replied, "Aric Thames?" Irena asked Reese frowned "you know him?" He asked "just the fact that he's had one night stands with every girl on this street" said Irena "typical" Reese muttered, "see you tomorrow" he said "bye" said Irena.