Chapter 6

a month passed and it was four in the morning but this couldn't wait. Ryan wake up! yeah, babe? what is it? um, my water broke. he tried to sit up but was freaking out. okay um, let's get you to the hospital, ill grab your bag he was looking around um you do nothing. wait before I head to the car can you call mom for me I'm nine months and the doctor said... I said. yeah, I will. thanks, I said as I walked out of the room. 

Ryan called my mom. Heyyy Ellie um Elle's water broke. can you make it to cloretin's hospital?

OMG, OMG I'm on my way, put elle on speaker so I can talk to her.

Good idea, okay your on speaker.    elle?  yes, mom? I'm on my way hun, are you okay?  how are you feeling?  I'm hurting and wet. ahh, I figured well I'm going to tell your grandparents.  I interrupted her wait mom what about?  I'm fine, I'm not missing your delivery. I smiled weakly and ended the call. we're almost there babe Ryan said.  we arrived eighteen minutes later. Ryan ran to my door and grabbed me.  hi, I'm Ryan and this is elle um her water broke.   

HIII there I'm doctor Sarah, let's get this momma a gurney. she adjusted it and put me on it. hey elle, I'm just gonna ask a few questions here. alright, I nodded.   what do you do? I'm a travel nurse on maternity leave.  wowww awesome.  are you having just one baby or multiple hun? twins. Okayyyyy!!!! is family coming? yes, I slurred.  we headed to the elevator and got in. were almost there elle, breathe.  hey, elle your mom is here Ryan said.  alright, tell her to come to floor seven.   we made it to the delivery floor. she pulled me into an available room. I was having contractions. ahhhh alright elle we're gonna hop on this bed on 3. I imagined my dad when my mom was in labor everything felt in slow motion but his face was there to comfort me.   I could feel the poking. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. alright elle pushhh!!!! ahhhhh whew hmmmmm. my mom walked in. keep pushing hun. ahhhhhh mmmmmmmm whew.  I SEE A HEAD!!!!!!!  PUSH!!!!! ahhh baby number one. PUSHHHHH elle PUSHHHHH pushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  PUSHHHHHH ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I see the head a couple more pushes hun. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  baby number two, what a great job elle.   Ryan just held my hand and smiled.  I smiled back and the doctor handed me the baby boy.  I smiled even harder man was he beautiful. Ryan held the girl. The doctor asked. What are their names? HUH, I spoke. their names??? she repeated. we haven't decided yet Ryan said. can we tell you tomorrow I asked? yes of course!! get some rest elle.    I couldn't believe fell in love with me within seven weeks, and he and Kim were together for 8 years!!! I didn't think I was that much of a catch. I drifted off.  

DREW!!! where are you! you little munchkin. that voice sounded familiar, it was my dad.  I'm gonna find you drew!!! ahha ... under the kitchen counter. I found you.  he laughed while grabbing drew. Dad? I said, he walked past me. I mean it is a dream.  Name him drew dad said. What? name him drew after Ryan's middle name and make drew's middle name my first name... john and let Ryan name your daughter its only right elle, I love you.  I smiled.