017; was waiting for you

'what do you mean you can't come?' hope asked frustrated as she was sitting in the black chair in daniel's room.

'i forgot i had to babysit my nephews, i'm really sorry, hope,' kay, who was on the phone, said.

'my goodness, kay. now i'm gonna be alone for the night. you really can't come?' hope replied, now pacing around daniel's room as the boy sat on his bed.

'no, i promised my aunt to watch the kids. she's gonna kill me if i don't,' the blonde girl responded, making hope groan in frustration.

'alright. i'll figure something out,' hope said, rubbing her forehead with her fingers, her eyes closed.

'once again, i'm really sorry. i'll be there next time,' kay reassured her.

'there won't be a next time,' hope mumbled before the two said their goodbyes to each other.

'you need to go on your own tonight. there is no way i'm going to that party without kay,' hope said as she looked at daniel who was sitting on the bed.

'don't say that. you're going anyways because corbyn is there too,' daniel replied.

'yeah, but that doesn't mean he can keep me company. i refuse to be alone there while you're with nadia,' hope complained as she took seat on a chair.

'what if i make sure you're with corbyn and then i go look for nadia? then there won't be any issue,' daniel said as he looked at the girl.

'i'm not feeling very good about this,' hope admitted, letting out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair.

'it's gonna be alright, i promise. my phone is always on so if you call me i'll pick up instantly,' daniel reassured her.

hope's lips formed a thin line, as she took a deep breath which she immediately let out. the girl wasn't too fond of the idea, but she didn't want to let daniel down either.

plus, she promised corbyn to come as well. she couldn't decline last minute now.

'alright. although we shouldn't be doing this, we are going to do this,' hope said, forcing a smile as she made eye contact.

an hour and some struggling later hope and daniel were all dressed up. hope had applied some makeup to her face after kay had dropped off some supplies real quick before she went to babysit.

'you're ready?' daniel asked as hope looked once more in the mirror. she gave him a quick nod, a signal for him to put on his jacket and grab his car keys.

'can't we go by bike?' hope asked, but she knew already what the answer was gonna be.

'it's a twenty-five minute drive by car, hope. that means it's more than an hour by bike. i'm not gonna do that,' daniel answered as usual.

'alright,' hope replied, letting out a sigh as daniel locked the door behind him.

and like daniel said, twenty-five minutes later they arrived at the place where the party was being held.

the two weren't surprised when they saw the room being packed once they entered the house, bodies being pressed against each other.