004; this shall too pass

this chapter has mentions of:
- bullying
- violence
- insults
- pain

if you are triggered by any of this, i suggest you don't read this chapter !

if you are experiencing bullying, don't hesitate to reach out to me or anyone else. you don't have to go through this alone.

really, don't hesitate to reach out. my private message is always open.

'awe, look, it's hopeless again,' eben smirked as he and his little friend group walked up to hope. she had her hands close to her shoulders, gripping her bag tighter.

hope didn't dare to say anything back, so she kept her eyes on the ground and continued to walk.

'hey, didn't your mom tell you to face someone when they talk to you?' eben continued as he grabbed her by the arm, turning her around so that they were now face to face.

by the mention of her mum hope shut her eyes for a second. her lips formed a thin line, as she tried to hold back the tear that was now starting to roll down her cheek.

'talk back to me!' eben shouted, his face close to hers as his hand was now by the top of her sweater, his grip tight.

'l-l-leave me a-a-alone,' hope stuttered, avoiding eye contact with the boy in front of her.

'awe, is she crying now?' eben said in a baby voice, then added, 'look boys! poor girl couldn't hold back her tears for one day!'

'can you please go?' hope asked quietly, looking around if anyone was still at the school parking lot, but there was no one. it was late after school, and all the students left already.

hope had to pick up something from school; that was the reason she was here. how eben and his friend group ended up here, was still a question to her.

'go? can i please go?' eben mocked, spitting in her face. 'let me think, what do we do with her when she dares to speak back?'

a hard slap on hope's cheek was the answer to his question. immediately a red mark started to get visible on her skin.

the girl let herself fall on the ground, turning her head away from the group of boys. it was only temporary pain, she reminded herself.

this shall too pass.

'i think she learned well today, boys,' eben smirked as a couple agreements were heard.

'hey! are you out of your mind?!' suddenly a girl with blonde hair and black clothes comes in the picture, looking at the group.

hope watches the girl talk with her hands moving drastically as the girl's expression on her face looks mad.

eben laughs, making the unknown girl even more and more mad. 'you don't treat a girl like that. in fact, you do this to no one,' the girl said furiously.

'i can do whatever i want,' eben huffed, the smirk plastered on his face. 'she is a nobody, can't you see that?'

'well then i must be blind,' the girl replied, folding her arms. a small smile formed on hope's lips, as she was now slowly getting up from the ground.

'this is what you deserve!' the girl yelled before her fist met eben's face, causing him to stumble back.

hope's eyes widened, putting her hands in front of her mouth before she heard eben swear and watched him try to punch the girl back.

but the unknown blonde was fast enough to avoid his fist, causing eben to miss. blood was streaming down his nose now, which made the girl smile.

'get out of this place, or i will literally boil your teeth,' kay glared at the boys, pointing her middle finger towards them.

hope had never seen the group of boys so scared. upset the group strolled back, out of the parking lot.

'thank you so much,' hope said as she walked towards the unknown girl. her short, blonde hair was in a ponytail and her nails were painted black, just like the rest of the outfit was.

'no thanks, honey. are you okay?' the blonde replied, looking at hope to see if there was any other damage to her other than from the slap.

'yes, i'm okay,' hope smiled, taking her glasses off and cleaning them with her sweater, 'and you are, may i ask?'

'i'm kay, new here to rosefield academy. and your name is?' she answered, giving hope a smile.

'i'm hope. i go to rosefield academy as well. i can show you around tomorrow if you want?' the short girl replied. although the blonde girl was short, hope was still shorter.

'is your name hope? i love that name, it's so pretty,' kay responded, making hope cheeks turn red, 'and yes, that would be amazing if you could show me around.'

'alright, deal,' hope said, giving kay a smile.

the two said their goodbyes before exchanging numbers and sharing a good hug. hope grabbed her bike and cycled home, leaving the school behind.

author's note:

not being able to write a good chapter even though u know exactly how it should be is the worst 😔🤚🏼