008; like air to her

'i heard that even nadia is going. and you know her, she never goes to parties,' jonah said as corbyn and him walked through the canteen to their table, 'it's gonna be huge.'

'who is hosting it again?' corbyn asked as he glanced around the canteen, his eyes not able to find a certain person.

'vanessa,' jonah answered, a smirk playing on his lips as he rubbed his hands together. jonah was more like the hookup person of corbyn's friends.

corbyn did get with many girls, but not like jonah. corbyn didn't long for it like jonah did. he wouldn't say he had a better reputation than jonah, but he was known in the school in other ways.

'you're still trying to get with her, aren't you?' corbyn asked jonah as more friends were arriving at the table. girls sitting down on guys' laps, since their wasn't enough space.

'of course. she's hot,' jonah smirked, caleb nodding his head in agreement since he heard the name 'vanessa'.

vanessa was very popular on rosefield academy. her dark brown hair and brown eyes were tempting for everyone. she was in corbyn's friend group too, but she was sick for the day.

'not jonah simping for vanessa again,' jack sighed as he put his head in his hands, making the group laugh.

'you're just jealous you don't get girls like i do,' jonah shot back.

'nah, i'm not jealous of the girls you get,' jack laughed, making jonah glare.

'fuck off, jack. men like you are no better,' chelsea said, the girl that was currently sitting on jonah's lap. she was the only girl best friend jonah had, the others were just friends.

'didn't ask for your opinion,' jack replied, shaking his head. it was all love between the group, they meant no harm.

'look, our space boy is lost again,' dahlia pointed at corbyn, who was just staring at something in the canteen.

'hello, corbyn? earth?' caleb waved his hand in front of corbyn's eyes, making him flinch for a second. corbyn stayed silent, his gaze still fixed on something.

'what's more important than us?' jonah frowned, trying to search for where corbyn was looking.

'nothing,' corbyn slowly answered, looking away from the girl that was sitting at the other side of the canteen, busy in a conversation with her friend.

'exactly,' caleb smiled.

'so y'all coming to vanessa's party?' caleb added, looking around the friend group.

'definitely, but you know that already,' jonah answered.

the rest of the friend group hummed an answer in response, all agreeing to coming to the party vanessa was hosting.

the bell interrupted the conversations that were being hold in the canteen, making the numerous students getting up and packing their bags. some went off to the classroom immediately, others were still eating and some finished the latest gossip talks.

'hi corbyn!' lizzy greeted him in the hall, corbyn greeting back as he waved at many other students, that's what his popularity was like.

everyone on rosefield academy knew who he was. some wanted to be genuinely friends, others took advantage of him sometimes.

as he arrived at his english class, engaged in a conversation with lizzy, his eyes scanned the room hoping to meet hers.

'this dude literally called me a bitch so i slapped him, and that was on the first date,' lizzy said, 'sometimes i question men's existing.'

'hey, nothing against the opposite sex,' corbyn defended, but he knew that it was hopeless. lizzy, along with chelsea, were the ones that fought for woman rights like their life depended on it.

'awe, someone is offended,' lizzy replied, her voice pretending to be sorry.

but corbyn had no time and energy to reply back, as he finally found the girl he was looking for.

her dark hair was in two braids where strands were loosely falling along from, her white sweater was tucked in blue, baggy jeans. she wore her glasses instead of contact lenses that day.

'alright class, take a seat. today i need you to have a conversation about the book you read,' miss aniston said while clapping her eyes, 'well, if you have read the book of course.'

corbyn was seated behind hope, next to caleb and chelsea. miss aniston began explaining the exercise they had to do. it simply consisted of asking and answering questions about the book to your partner.

'alright, to make it easy, just began talking with the person behind you. so chase goes with charli, justin with hailey, hope with corbyn and so on.'

'let's get started class,' the teacher clapped in her hands, causing the students to turn to their partner and start the conversation about the book.

'uhm, aren't your going to turn around?' corbyn asked, waiting for hope to face him.

she didn't answer, only tuned her head, leaning her elbow on corbyn's table. her head was now placed in her hand.

'alright, so, what is your opinion about the book?' corbyn awkwardly asked since hope still hadn't said a word.

she looked at him for a long time, then turned around again and raised her hand. corbyn watched her actions confused.

'can i go to the bathroom?' hope asked the teacher, which was answered with a 'yes'.

corbyn let out a frustrated sigh, watching her walk out of class. jonah next to him noticed, tapping his shoulder.

'what got you so worked up?'

'i know her like a little. but now she acts i'm like air to her.'

author's note:

sorry for the lack of updates, im super busy with school 😔😔