012; fear for your own life

'i'm glad you decided to come,' corbyn said as hope arrived at the meeting spot, her heart pounding in her chest.

after she had her disagreement with daniel, the pair hadn't talked much to each other anymore. and even though hope hated to admit it, daniel was somehow right.

it wasn't for nothing that she was checking every two seconds if someone was behind her, or coming towards her.

but the girl had been insistent, not wanting to agree with the words daniel had said. now that she was face to face with corbyn, she started to regret showing up.

'yeah, sure. i'm in for a good cup of coffee all the time,' hope breathed out, sending corbyn a smile his way.

'alright, lets go then,' corbyn said, nodding towards the doors which led to outside. 'i assume you are by bike?'

'yes, are you too?' hope asked as the two walked off the school ground, corbyn wanting to go to the parking lot, but hope wanting to go to the bicycles.

'i'm actually by car,' corbyn smiled, twirling the keys around his fingers.

hope blinked a few seconds, already knowing that his whole situation was stupid from the beginning. she should've followed daniel's advice and not go out with corbyn.

'but then my bike will be at school, so that doesn't work,' hope furrowed her eyebrows, letting out a sigh.

'i can put it in the back of my car,' corbyn replied, shrugging his shoulders like it wasn't a big deal to him.

'my bike is really heavy, plus i don't want to be a bother,' hope argued, thinking of any other way possibly to not end up in the car.

'isn't the coffee shop really close to school? we can go for a walk and go back after to get your car and my bike,' hope added, hoping corbyn would agree with it.

'or, we can take my car and then go back after,' corbyn replied, which caused hope to shake her head immediately.

'i get a little sick when i go by car, so i want to avoid that as much as possible. we can go for a walk?' hope lied, being at the end of her excuses.

'oh, yeah, sure. that's fine,' corbyn answered, still being a little unsure if what hope said was true, but he shrugged it off and decided that it was none of his business.

the two walked a little awkward besides each other, every so now and then making small conversation. that they were relieved when they saw the sign of the coffee shop was an understatement.

'did you enjoy the party last friday night?' corbyn asked as the two entered the little coffee shop, the bell of the shop ringing as they did so.

'i wouldn't do it again. but considering this was my one and only party, it wasn't that bad,' hope answered, taking place at the table for two by the large window.

'weren't you with the new girl? i forgot her name though,' corbyn said, doing the same thing as hope.

'yes, her name is kay. i was with her and daniel,' hope replied, looking at the menu for what she would order.

corbyn nodded, an awkward silence falling down between the two again. every now and then hope would check her surroundings, making sure no one who could hurt her was close to her.

the waitress came and took their orders, hope ordering an latte and corbyn a cappuccino. along with the coffee the pair ordered both a muffin as well.

the boy sighed, not knowing where to start the conversation. making conversation with hope was more difficult than he thought.

'so, what's your favorite subject in school?' hope asked after a few minutes of complete silence, her voice cracking.

her cheeks turned a light shade of pink, the situation feeling more and more awkward.

'science, definitely,' corbyn answered, watching the waitress put their foods and drinks on their table, 'everything that's related to space and the universe satisfies me.'

'i always get frustrated when i think about the universe. it's something about it that i don't get,' hope replied before taking a bite of her muffin.

'why not? it's beautiful,' corbyn said while raising one eyebrow. he had never heard someone say that the universe frustrated them.

'it's so big and i just can't wrap my head around it. it also never stops ending and that confuses me,' the girl responded.

then she realized that she had already opened up too much towards him, reminding herself that she now had to give average and vague answers as much as she could.

'that's the unique part about it i think. we think we know a lot about space, but really, we know like two percent about it,' corbyn said, taking a sip of his cappuccino.

hope hummed an answer, remaining silent. she was already overthinking every thing she had said the past fifteen minutes, hoping that it was nothing too personal.

she blinked a couple times, making sure that her mind wasn't playing tricks on her. but she was right when she saw a figure walking back and forth.

hope held her breath, trying to not make it obvious that she was checking the road so every now and then.

finally she figured who it was, but had to reply to corbyn's question. the boy had been thinking about how he could have a long conversation with hope.

'hmm, yeah. i had that as well,' hope replied, already forgetting what the question was. she was too focused on the certain person that was walking on the street of the coffee shop.

corbyn had a confused look on his face, not expecting that as an answer. maybe she heard the question differently, he told himself.

'i think it's time for me to go,' hope quickly said as she heard the bell of the shop, knowing who just had entered the coffee shop.

'wait– what do you mean? you haven't even finished your coffee,' corbyn replied, giving her a questioning look. he had no clue what was going on.

'i just remembered that i had promised to go home as soon as school ended. strict parent things,' hope rambled, grabbing her jacket.

without waiting for an answer back, she walked out of the coffee shop. quickly she made her way out of the street, walking towards the school where her bike still was.

she hated to leave corbyn like this, but having to sit in fear for your own life was worse than that.

author's note:

just wanna say a huge thank you for all the new reads on this book and new followers 🥺🥺 y'all mean the world to me <3

also go follow @-S4TURN just bc she is amazing and i love her

also if ur a little confused by this chapter,, it will be explained further in the book :)