Wrong number

Y/n's Pov
Today was a pretty calm day. My roommate was still at work and I had the day off. So I had the house all to my self. I spoiled myself giving myself a calming bath and chilling in my robe all day. I finally put on some clothes even though I felt it was pointless. But I knew they would be home soon. I went and sat on the couch and watched tv. My phone rang next to me. I assumed it was my roommate, but I looked and did recognize the number so I let it ring. It stopped and then rang again. It was the same number so I let it ring once again. This person just kept calling so I finally answered it. It must be important. "Hello?" I say in a somewhat annoyed tone. I heard a deep voice say "Ouu hello." He sounded seemingly surprised but intrigued at the same time. "I'm sorry who is this?" They chuckled "It's Kobe could you put me on the phone with rio please." Ok now I was really confused. "I'm sorry sir but I don't know you or rio." I say trying to be kind as possible. He sounded just as confused as me. "I'm sorry your not his secretary?" I scoffed "secretary? Sir I don't work as anyone's secretary." It got quiet for a moment I figured he realized he'd made a mistake but the he said this, "Well who are you then?" He sounded annoyed as if I was wasting his time. I didn't like his tone. "The owner of this damn phone. That you happened to call. Running up my damn bill." I shot back. I heard them chuckle again "Oh fiesty. I like that." This time sounding more intrigued. "Look sir, you have the wrong number." I say trying to be polite. "I know, but your voice is cute i might just talk to you for a little while. What's your name?" I kind of blushed, but I don't know who this person. "Thank you, but I can't give you my name I don't know you." "I'm Kobe remember?" I rolled my eyes "Sir I don't know anyone with that name." "Not even Kobe Bryant?" he said in a very inquisitive tone. I don't know why but I busted out laughing. He sounded genuinely confused. "Uh what's so funny?" I calmed myself down. "Let me get this Straight. You call my phone annoyed you had the wrong number, flirt with me, then claim your Kobe Bryant?" "I mean more or less but yeah." He said very nonchalant. I rolled my eyes "yeah right." I hear a scoff "you don't believe me?" I giggled slightly "no frankly I don't." "Ok then send my your address." My eyes widened "I'm sorry sir my what-?" He chuckled "send me your address I'll swing by and prove it then." I couldn't believe this. I was lost for words. There's a large chance it's not him and some creep that found my number or there's a small chance it is him and he wants to meet me here. "Hellooooo." He said impatiently. "Oh- uh I don't know about that sir." He laughed "ok for one stop calling me sir you make me sound old and I'm only 21. Two live a little. How often does this happen to anyone?" I was unamused "Well for one sir if you don't like sir I will call you mister instead. Two I don't know if you are who you say you are." He chuckled. "Have you ever heard me speak?" I was kind of embarrassed. I have never truly cared to listen to the players speak. They play and I watch that's it. "W-Well no." I say hesitantly. "I actually just had an interview turn on your tv." I let out a deep sigh and grabbed the remote and scrolled through channels. There was kind of an awkward silence. I kept scrolling until I saw his face. Welp there he was. I still don't understand why go through all this though. "Ok I found it." I say "Alright does my voice match the one your hearing?" I was in shock it did. In defeat I say "Yeah it does." He chuckled "So I guess that proves it then. When can I stop by?" I looked confused. "I know it's you already why do you still want to come." He let out a sigh. "I want to put a face to your voice, but I'm already assuming it's a pretty one." I blushed again. He was really charming. "So can I come?" I sighed " I mean fine I guess." I shrugged honestly he was right. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. "Great and your name is?" I had totally forgotten he didn't even know my name. "I'm y/n." I laughed. "Ok y/n save my number and send me your address." I smiled slightly. "Ok bye." I said in a somewhat excited tone. I sent him my address and ran to my bathroom and freshen up. My roommate got home to see me rushing around like a maniac and asked "Girl what are you doing?" I grinned with excitement "You'll see soon." She laughed "Ok y/n whatever you say." The doorbell rang. My heart skipped a beat. My roommate smiled at me. I stared at the door. "You should probably go get that." I jumped snapping out of it. "Yeah- yeah your right." I walked steadily towards the door and opened it. It was actually him. My eyes lit up. I went breathless. He was a lot taller that on tv, his nice smile and pretty brown eyes. He looked just as he did in his interview.

We were just starting at each other in awe

We were just starting at each other in awe. He finally said. "Hey y/n nice to finally meet you." He held out his hand. I was still in such shock I didn't say anything. My roommate walked over not knowing who I was looking at. "Girl don't be ru-" She stopped mid sentence. She looked at me "girl is that-" I looked over at her and nodded. Kobe looked confused. She was a huge basketball fan so she lost her shit. "KOBE CAN YOU SIGN MY ARM?!!!" I looked at her like she was crazy. "Girl lower your voice and get a piece of paper or sum."Oh yeah huh." She ran to her room and grabbed a poster of Kobe and a marker. My eyes widened. "When did you get that?!" She shot a dirty look at me "Mind ya business." I glared at her. "Ima beat yo ass." Meanwhile Kobe was trying to hide his laughter. I guess we did look pretty goofy gawking and talking around him. He cleared his throat "You want me to sign that still?" He said looking at my roommate. My roommate smiled and nodded. He grabbed the poster and marker and signed it. I still couldn't believe it. He was actually here in my door way. Signing my roommates poster. Then we just stood there awkwardly. I wave of suddeness washed over me. "Please come in." I said moving to give him room to walk in." He walked in slowly looking around. We were quiet for a moment. He finally turned to me. "Nice place. it's just you two here?" My roommate smiled "Yup pretty much." She grabbed his hand to sit down on the couch with her. I sat down with them and she was asking tons of questions. She was also rubbing and touching on him. Being all flirtatious. Kobe looked kind of uncomfortable honestly. Then I started watching tv kind of annoyed. I mean what was I supposed to tell her? Move that's my company?! That's just how she is though so I didn't want to make a scene. My roommate finally got up "Y/n I gotta go I have a date." Then this girl had the nerve to whisper in Kobe's ear. Whatever she said it made his eyes widen. He laughed nervously and said. "Yeah cool." Then she said "Y/n leave him my number." She winked at him. Ok now she done lost her damn mind. "Girl I'm not your maid do that yourself." Kobe looked surprised I had spoken to her like that. She just laughed "Okay okay damn calm down I was playin bye girl I love you." I rolled my eyes. "Mhm Bye." Kobe busted out laughing. I looked at him "What's so funny?" Grinning he looked at me and said "You got an attitude on you don't you?" I shook my head. "No we play like that all the time it's a love, hate thing. She seems to really like you though." I nudged at him. He smirked "Nah she's pretty and everything but she's a little over the top. I laughed "no kidding." We both laughed together and continued talking. He was actually super cool. A regular person at heart and very intelligent. We decided to watch a funny movie. His laugh was contagious. We talked like we've been friends since middle school. I was watching the movie when out of the corner of my eye I saw him staring. With his head in his hand. I looked over. "You ok?" He chuckled "I'm fine Y/n." I smiled and shook my head "Ok Kobe." He just continued staring at me with a soft smile. "You really are gorgeous."

Hey luvs I KNOW I KNOW I'm a week late I'm sorry. I was working on two stories for you guys so the other one is coming out sometime this week. I hope you guys enjoy~ K ❤