The Jay Leno show

Kobe's pov
I sat in the dressing room fixing my suit. I think this is my second appearance on this show and I'm only 19. I haven't really had a chance to let this all set in yet. A kid at 17 years of age made it into the NBA not many people can say that. Also I've realized that all these people expect to see me walking around with some girl on my arm every two seconds. I'm not even like that honestly. Hell I'm still a virgin. I heard a knock on the door. "Kobe your on in two." I took a deep breath "Ok I'm ready." I looked back in the mirror and checked my fro once more. Then I got up and walked out to back stage and waited for Jay to introduce me. Once he did I walked out and the audience went crazy. I waved to them and smiled. I shook Jay's hand and sat on the couch next to him. "How are you doing Kobe?" He said with a smile. I smiled back. "I'm doing great Jay." "That's great you look great man." I smiled and shook my head "Thank you I appreciate that." He shook his head "No problem, so Kobe this is your second appearance on the show I'm glad you came back." I shrugged "yeah man I love it here this is like home." The crowd clapped as I said that. Jay smiled "Well we love having you. So you recently played in the all star games. How is it being the youngest player in ever in an all-star game?" I looked over too him. "Well it's always been a dream of mine, getting to that point. It all came so quickly I haven't had the chance to sit back a let it all sink in." "Yeah and people are already calling you the next Michael Jordan. How does that feel? Is that a strange feeling?" I smiled and shook my head. " Nah, it's just a great compliment. That's how I look at it. If I look at it any other way the pressure that comes with that can be overwhelming so I just let it go in one ear and out the other." He smiled "Your father also played in the NBA right?" I shook my head "Yup. Eight years in the NBA and then he played another eight years in Europe." He raised his eyebrows "In Italy right? I heard you speak fluent Italian." I shook my head. I already knew where this was going. "Does that impress women?" He said grinning at me. I knew it. He brings that up everytime even off camera. I shook my head "Man that's not what I'm worried about." He nudged me. "Come on Kobe your a good looking kid, there's no girl you ever wanted to impress or loved even?" I took a deep sigh "There is one girl but I haven't talked to her in two years." The crowd ooo'd. Jay said "oh really well what happened?" I shook my head. "I don't really want to talk about that." He nudged me "Come on Kobe were family here." I rolled my eyes "Let's leave it at it was my fault we broke up." The crowd went "awee" I just laughed. Jay said "If you could would you get back with her?" I shrugged "I mean yeah but I would have to apologize and I haven't had a chance to." Jay frowned. "What did you do?" I shook my head. "I promised I would take her to prom but I ended up taking Brandy. She was so hurt. I felt like I had ruined her special night. I didn't think she'd ever forgive me." The crowd once again said "awwe". I looked down at my feet. Trying not to show any seemingly sad expressions. Then I heard a familiar voice. "Well you won't know if you never try." I looked up confused. I made eye contact with the person. It was her and she looked so mature. It's only been two years but damn. My eyes lit up when I saw her. She was gorgeous. "Y/n?" I said in an inquisitive tone. She smiled and waved at me. "Did ya miss me?" The crowd laughed. I smiled "Well I mean of course I missed you- wait was this planned?" She shook her head "No  actually Mr. Leno had no part in this." Jay looked at me. "Wait is this who you were talking about?" I smiled "Yup, gorgeous isn't she?" Jay smiled "She's a doll. I see why you like her." She blushed "Thank you." Jay waved her down "Can you come down here sweetheart?" She shook her head and smiled modestly. "No, no I'm ok." The crowd started started clapping and wooing to get her to come down. I clapped too. I wanted to see her, hug her, apologize to her. She finally gave in and walked down to the stage. She shook Jay's hand and looked at me. We kind of stood there awkwardly. "Come on hug." Jay said rushing us. I looked down at her and held my arms out. She rushed into them and hugged me tightly. I was surprised. I hugged her back. I felt her sob into my chest. "I missed you so much." I smiled. She was about to make me cry. "I missed you too." The crowd clapped for us. Eventually we had to let go.  I didn't want to though. She sat on the couch next to me and I just stared at her the entire time. I couldn't get over the fact that she was here. "Kobe how could you let her go? She's great." I laughed "I don't know I was a kid at the time."  Jay asked y/n. "What is it that you do now y/n?" She smiled as she wiped her cheeks. I stopped her and wiped them myself. The audience was in awe. This moment was like something in a movie. She smiled at me and held my hand against her cheek. "Thank you Kobe." She took my hand away from her face but kept holding it in her hands. I just smiled down at our hands. Then she spoke to Jay. "Well Mr. Leno I currently attend UCLA and I am a psychology major." The audience clapped hearing how successful she had become. He raised his eyebrows. "Wow, smart, pretty and respectful. You know your one of the first people to reffer to me as Mr. Leno. Not to many in Hollywood like her." Everyone laughed. "I'm serious, I've got 19 year old celebrities refering to me as Jay." He said as he pointed at me. We all laughed again. I knew what I had to next though. I looked at Jay and he nodded in approval. I turned to face y/n. "Hey- uh- well for one you look great." She smiled "Thank you and so do you." I looked directly her in her eyes. They still glistened in the light just like they used to. "I owe you a huge apology. I promised to take you with me to prom and instead of cherishing your feelings and keeping my promise. I made a business move. I'm so sorry. I still have so much love for you and I hope you can forgive me." She smiled at me. "Awwe stop. I was being kind of selfish too. You were doing what was best for your career. Hell I would've taken brandy's fine ass to prom if I had the chance." The audience laughed.  She shook her head. "All jokes aside we were kids. We still are, I should've been more understanding. So if anything I'm sorry too." I smiled I'm glad she understood. I held my hand out for her to shake. "Friends?" She shook my hand "friends." The audience seemed unsatisfied and so did jay. "Kobe my man, this beautiful young lady was your high school sweet heart she came here to see you personally. You sure you only want to be friends?" She blushed and covered her face. I smirked "Well I mean that's up to her. She knows how much I love her. I wouldn't mind a second try." She shook her head "Kobe I don't know. Our paths are so different now." I looked at her. "Were both living our dreams aren't we?" "Well yeah but-" I cut her off. "Then what's so different about that." She looked at me unsure. That's when the audience started chanting. "Take him back!" Even Jay. She sighed. "Alright, I hear you guys and I miss him alot so I guess a second try wouldn't hurt..." With no hesitation I leaned in to kiss her and she kissed me back. The audience gave a standing ovation. At that moment everything was great. Definitely a moment I'll never forget. But Truthfully, I'm just glad to have her back.

Hey luvs I think I owe you guys this one earlier. So here please enjoy it for me. Give me feedback too. More on the way ~ K ❤