biggest fan

AN: before I start the story I suggest you watch the interview to get a feel for 17 year old kobe and what he was like. At least listen to how he talks to really get a feel for the story. Ok love y'all and enjoy. ~ K ❤

l'm a big Kobe fan. I know he's only a high school player but he's really good. I like to say I'm his number one fan. I send letters, I have posters. I tape all of his games to watch because I can't afford to fly out to Philadelphia. This time Lower merion was finally making it to nationals. I was so excited for them. I finally I wrote Kobe my yearly letter. I write one every year when nationals come around. My mom came in my room. "Baby Kobe's team is making it to nationals are you excited?" I looked to her with a big smile. "Yeah momma, I'm writing my letter right now." She smiled. Ok baby give it to me before I leave so I can mail it. I shook my head and she walked away. Eventually I finished my letter and gave it to my mom.

                    The next week

                        Kobe's pov
I can't believe we made it to nationals. I'm excited. I know my fans are excited but I was surprised I haven't recieved y/n's letter yet. She writes me every year. Win or loose she wrote to me with love and encoencouragement for the next game. I really do love her letters. I know I don't write her back but I enjoy reading them. In my defense, I'm not the best writer my spelling is atrocious. My first language was Italian. Since we moved back the adaption process has been hard. I still have an accent and a little lisp. Not to mention the slang was the hardest thing to learn. I'm still getting used to living in Philly again. I got off the couch and checked the mail box because I was really hoping she wrote me. I saw no mail was in the box and sighed and went back in the house. I saw my pops at the kitchen table. "Hey man you looking for the mail?" I shook my head. "Yeah I didn't see any though." Without looking my dad pointed to pile of mail of the counter. I jumped up so quick I almost tripped. He laughed. "Damn boy what are you so eager about." I talked to him as I looked through the mail. "A letter." He smirked. "Ohhh that girls letter." I laughed. "I get letters from everyone not just girls." He looked at me. "Your number one fan, Y/n is it?" I smiled. "Yeah that's her." He laughed. "You must have a crush on her." I looked at him confused. "I haven't even seen her yet pops." He shook his head. "Its not about looks Kobe." He grabbed my shoulder and guided me back to the couch. We both sat down. "She makes you feel a certain way when you receive her letters. You get all excited and get that goofy look on your face. If she can do all that through a letter. Just imagine how you'll feel when you see her. No matter what she looks like. Let me ask you this? Why don't you write her back?" I scoffed. "You know I'm not a good writer pops." He shook his head. "You have an A in English if your teacher can accept your work, why wouldn't your biggest fan accept a letter from you?" I shrugged. "I think it's because you don't want to come on to strong and embarrass yourself." I never thought about it like that. I have always wanted to meet her myself. Maybe I do like her. I have to meet her, to be sure and she deserves it she's been a die hard fan. So then I asked. "P-pops could we fly her here for nationals...You know to be sure." He looked at me with a genuine smile. "Ok we'll get her and her mother out here. You'll have pay it off by doing extra chores though." I smiled "Ok I can do that." I got up. He stopped me. "And you have to write her back, along with the flight tickets." I shook my head. I can do it. Before I knew it I finished my letter. Pops bought the tickets and mailed the letter.

                    The next week
                         Y/n's pov
I heard my mom come through the front door. She had a later shift today so I was by myself. I walked out to her. "Hey momma." "Hey baby." She said as she looked at the mail. The she looked at me with a big grin. "Baby there's a letter for you." She said as she handed me the envelope. On the front it said: To: Y/n ❤. The person drew a heart next to my name. I was confused. I wasn't sure who it could be from. I opened the envelope and two plane tickets fell out. Ok now I was extra confused. I opened the letter and I read it out loud. Dear Y/n,
Hey y/n it's Kobe." Immediately I started jumping and got really excited and my mom smiled. Then I continued. "I know you probably never expected a letter from me and I'm sorry for that. I should have wrote you sooner. I was insecure about my writing because I'm not the best at it, but my father figured it was about time I did and I agreed. I wrote you because you've been my die hard since day one and we've finally made nationals. So it was my idea to have you come watch in person." I stopped reading and I looked at my mom with wide eyes. She clapped all excited for me. "Ok ok what else." Then I continued. We booked a hotel so you can stay a few days after the game because I would personally like to get you. Thank you for being my number one fan. I can't wait to see you.
Much love,
Kobe.
I was grinning from ear to ear. I couldn't believe it. I was going to see kobe play in person. I ran upstairs. My mom yelled. "HEY, where you going?" I yelled back. "TO PACK."