Uncle Kobe

Kobe's pov
I promised my sister I would spend sometime with my niece. I really don't mind it I spoil my niece whenever I get the chance so I had to make today extra fun. So far we've been to the park, I took her to see a movie and then the mall for toys. I think I want girls when I settle down. That's a long time from now though. I haven't met "the one" yet. I don't really believe in all that. It's a waste of time. I need to be focused on my career not chasing some woma- I came out of my thoughts when I realized my niece wasn't in my sight anymore. "Aniyah?"  I called out. No relpy I looked around and she was nowhere to be found. I called out again. "Aniyah?!" No reply. I panicked and ran all over the store. "ANIYAH!!" I called out once more. I tripped over a bike and almost knocked over a few kids. My sister is gonna kill me. I lost her kid. Shit. SHIT. I ran to a cashier hoping they could help me. "Excuse me, I need help finding my nie-." I was interrupted by the cashier loosing their mind over who I was. "OH SHIT YOUR KOBE BRYANT." Fans have terrible timing. "Yeah hey, look I could really use your help I can't find my niece and I-" He interrupted me again. "DUDE COULD I LIKE GET A PICTURE?" I glared at him. "Why are you yelli- look man not right now." The cashier rolled his eyes. "Ok man no need to be a douche." My eyes widened. I wanted to curb stomp this dude. But I had to calm myself down my niece was still missing. "You know what I'm just gonna handle this myself." I walked out of the store. "ANIYAH?"

                                                                                                      Y/n's Pov
I felt a slight tug on my shirt. Confused I looked down and saw a cute little girl. She looked scared and sad. "Hello sweetheart, are you okay?" She shook her head no. I frowned. "Well what's wrong. Where are your parents?" "I'm lost and my mommy didn't come here with us." I looked at her confused. "Who did you come with then?" She started crying. "M-mm-my u-uncle Ko-Kobe." I felt so bad for her. I decided i'd help her. "Okay don't panic okay. I'm gonna help you. My name is Y/n what's yours kiddo?" Her eyes were big and brown, she was adorable. She sniffed. "M-my name is Aniyah." I shook my head. "That's such a pretty name for such a pretty girl." I said as I wiped her face. "Now Aniyah, Do you remember the last store you were in with your uncle?" She shook her head. "The big toy store." I furrowed my eyebrows. "You mean the the one on the third floor?" She shook her head. "Mhm." The reason I'm so confused is because were on the first floor. "You mean to tell me you wondered all the way down here by yourself without your uncle noticing." She shook her head again. "Yes I used the big moving stairs." She said as she pointed to the nearest escalator. My eyes widened. I couldn't believe she'd gotten so far all by herself. Someone could've taken her or hurt her. I picked her up and started our search for her uncle. We went up to the top floor and headed inside the toy store. I saw a cashier. "Excuse me sir have you seen her uncle around at all?" The guy shrugged. "There are lots of men with kids around here ma'am your gonna need to be more specific." I rolled my eyes. Then I looked over to Aniyah. "Hey can you explain to this man what your uncle looks like?" She spoke up. "He's really tall." I sighed. "That's it? What did you say his name was Aniyah?" She spoke again. "Uncle Kobe." The cashier spoke up too. "Oh yeah that douche bag. He said he was looking for some kid and wouldn't give me a picture. No longer a fan of him." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever, did you see where he went?" The cashier shrugged again. "Hey calm down missy I was gonna ask you for your number but I take it back. You're not even that hot anyways." I looked at him like he lost his mind. No wonder why she's lost this dude is no help. I grabbed the cashier by his shirt. "LOOK IDIOT THIS CHILD IS LOOKING FOR HER UNCLE! IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHERE YOU SAW HIM GO I WILL SHOVE MY FOOT DOWN YOUR ESOPHAGUS!!!" I immediately saw fear in the cashiers eyes. "Ok ok I saw him run in the jewelry store." He pointed across from us. Aniyah looked up at me. I looked down and winked. She giggled. I looked back up at the cashier and smiled. "Thank you sir." I said letting go of his shirt. We walked over to the jewelry store and didn't see him. One of the jewelers said they saw him head to the shoe store. So we went to the shoe store and the employee we talked to just led us to another store. Basically we played hot potato for damn near two hours until I stopped us. "Aniyah let's take a break ok." She frowned. "But what about my uncle?" I reassured her. "I promise we'll find him." She shook her head. I still felt so bad for her. There is a possibility we might not find her uncle....NO. no don't think like that. We will find this man even if it kills me. I looked at Aniyah. She looked so sad and exhausted. I wanted to keep her energized and hopeful. "Aniyah how about we get some ice cream?" She smiled and shook her head rapidly. So I took her to the ice cream shop and we sat and ate. She felt so much better and I think she also began to trust me a little more. She told me her uncle is a basketball player and that he's really good. I think it's so cute she has a such a good relationship with her uncle. we talked more and she asked me this. "Do you have kids y/n?" I smiled and shook my head. "No sweetie I don't." She frowned." Do you have a boyfriend?" I laughed. she was too cute. "No Aniyah I don't." She looked down at her ice cream. "You know my uncle Kobe doesn't have a girlfriend either. I think he's lonely." I frowned. "That's a shame I sure he'll find someone." That's when I saw Kobe bryant sit in the booth on front of us. His back was turned to us. I couldn't believe my eyes. But he looked really upset and out of order. Then I had a realization. I looked to Aniyah. "Hey Aniyah what did you say your uncles name was again?" "Uncle Kobe." I looked at Kobe again. and then asked. "Sweetheart what's your last name?" She replied. "Bryant." My eyes widened and I jolted up. "Aniyah grab your ice cream." She grabbed it quickly and I picked her up. I made my way over to Kobe and tapped his shoulder. He waved me off without looking up. "I'm sorry but I don't have time for pictures right now." I frowned, poor guy must've been ambushed with fans today. Then I spoke. "I'm sorry to bother you Mr. Bryant, but I think your niece has been looking for you." He looked up and gasped. "Aniyahh!" He grabbed her out of my arms swiftly and hugged her tightly. "Aniyah Where did you go? I was worried about you. You can't just run off." He was talking a mile a minuet. "Uncle Kobe I was with Y/n. She took care of me and helped me find you." I smiled as she pointed up to me. Kobe finally looked at me. I saw the sweetest smile come across his face. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate you going out of your way." I waved him off. "It was no problem. Plus I had a lot of fun with her." He looked down at Aniyah. "She bought me ice cream." She said as she ate some. I laughed she had ice cream all over her face. I grabbed a napkin and wiped her mouth. Kobe looked to me. "I see you guys have grown a bond in the last few hours huh?" I shook my head. "Yup I guess we have, but I'm gonna get going I know your a busy man. It was nice meeting the both of you, and Aniyah please don't run from your uncle anymore." She frowned. "Awe your leaving already." Kobe chimed in. "Yeah we're in no rush to have you go." I tilted my head. "You guys really want me to stay?" The both shook their heads in unison. I smiled. "Okay then I guess I can stay." I went to sit with them.

                                                                                                   Kobe's pov
Y/n was really a life saver. I was so relived and glad to have Aniyah back. Y/n came to sit back down with us and I was in awe of her the whole time. I couldn't believe she stuck around to help Aniyah and built a friendship within just a few hours. I could already see she was a kind person with a huge heart. Y/n was so spirited too. She talked about everything with enthusiasm. "Wow." She said looking at me. I laughed. "What?" She smiled and shook her head. "I can't believe it's you. Like it's really you. I've been watching you since you were drafted and to be sitting with you right now is surreal." I smiled. "I appreciate that, I'm honored to have you as a fan." She smiled again. "I don't think you get it. Like I used to own Kobe everything. I still have a jersey at home but that's about it now. It's kind of funny I even had a little crush on you back then." I raised an eyebrow. "Really?" She blushed. "I can't believe I said that out loud." I smiled. "No it's okay. I really don't mind" I was surprised to find out that y/n was such a superfan. It was cute non-the less and she's a very good-looking woman as well. I tend to find myself staring at her randomly during our conversation. Her smile was the prettiest thing in the room. I continued. "Well Enough about me. Tell us about you." She shook her head. "Well I was born and raised in Philly like you. Then after high school I moved to California for college. I graduated this year and now I am a pediatrician in training." I smiled. "Successful I see. Makes sense on how good you are with kids." She blushed. "I wouldn't say all that. I'm not where I want to be just yet I still have a lot left to do. But yeah I've always enjoyed working with kids." I shook my head. "I respect your work ethic." She shrugged. "Well I learn from the best."  I smiled. "So are you seeing anyone at the moment?" She shook her head. "No. Love just Doesn't really seem like a priority right now." Changing the subject she finally got up. "Well guys this was really fun. I'm glad to have run into the both of you. Aniyah remember what I said." She went held out her hand for a high five from my niece. Aniyah high-fived her and shook her head. I stood up and pulled y/n over to the side so Aniyah couldn't hear us. "Is there something I could do to repay you. Cash, clothes, a necklace maybe." She laughed. "There is no need for all that Mr. Bryant. I'm not looking to be repaid." She said as she patted my chest gently. "Your company was enough for me." She tried to remove her hand but I kept her hand on my chest. "Then how about coffee sometime?" I said with a smile. She smiled. "Well That's nice of to offer Mr.Br-" I cut her off. "Call me Kobe." She shook her head. "Ok Kobe, that's really nice of you to offer but I already told you I'm not looking to be repaid." "Okay then it's not for you let's do it for me." She furrowed her eyebrows. "For you?" I smiled. "Yeah. I want to get to know you and plus I think you and Aniyah get along really well. She smiled. "Well I mean sure I would love that." She gave me her number, hugged Aniyah and I, and walked out. I smiled watching her walk away.  "Ooooo you like herrrrrr." Aniyah said laughing playfully. I looked back at her. "Nosy behind."

Hey luvs. I'm finally on time for once yayyyy. I hope yall enjoy this one as well as all my others. Also you guys are always welcome to give me suggestions. Ok I love y'all. ~ K ❤