(3) Wendigo: I Hate Camping

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters—no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

By now, night had since fallen, the Winchesters were almost finished making the campsite as secure as they possibly could over what remained of the previous one. While Dean was currently pacing around the boundary of the camp, copying strange symbols from their father's journal into the dirt. Symbols that would protect them.

Haley watched Dean intently from the crackling warmth of the campfire that had since begun to spread a more calming atmosphere as the young woman went to inquire, poking at the fire with a stick, "One more time, that's-"

"Anasazi symbols, " Dean offered in explanation, wiping a hand on his jeans, "It's for protection. The wendigo can't cross over them."

Roy laughed from where he currently stood, gun slung across his shoulder but not commenting anything about it. Sam, from his position next to his twin sister Harriet, held his hand back in silence, not wanting her to cause any more drama. She wasn't bothered, instead not wanting to punch him out near the campfire and cause an accident. But she won't let his disbelief get to her and ignores him.

"Nobody likes a skeptic, Roy," Dean returned sassily.

He now walked over to siblings, who had just been sitting in silence on a log, probably locked away in their thoughts ever since Stanford. Dean watches them for another moment, but they are so misplaced they barely notice him there. Seriously what was going inside those heads of theirs?

"Either of you wanna tell me what's going on in those freaky heads of yours?" he went to inquire gently with a frown crouching before them.

"Dean-"

Dean cut Sam off before he could continue talking, "No, you're not fine, neither of you," he glanced between them both with concern, "You're both like powder kegs, guys. It's not like you. I'm supposed to be the belligerent one, remember?"

There's a brief pause as they sat in silence before Sam dared to speak what was probably both on his and Harriet's minds, "Dad's not here. I mean, that much we know for sure, right? He would have left us a message, a sign, right?"

"Yeah, you're probably right," Dean admits with a sigh and nods, "Tell you the truth, I don't think Dad's ever been to Lost Creek."

But this only seemed to have worried the twins all the more as Harriet severely whispered, but still trying to hide their conversation from the others, "Then let's get these people back to town and let's hit the road, " it surprisingly reminds Dean, that Harry and Sam weren't the same as he remembered from their childhood. Maybe Stanford changed them; perhaps it was also Jessica, but they're not the same. That much Dean knew for sure, "Go find Dad. I mean, why are we still even here?"