(2) Dead in the Water: Troubled Water

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters—no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

Later on that afternoon, they drive over to the local park, recalling Andrea said she'd be taking Lucas there later on. Or maybe it was because Dean wanted to hit on Andrea a little more. When all Sam and Harriet wanted to do was to figure things out. Sure, enough as they walked through the park, the female Winchester spotted the woman sitting upon a bench and followed her gaze to find Lucus sitting beside another bench not too far away. As usual, he was drawing on some paper with his crayons and playing with some toy soldiers.

"Can we join you?" Sam inquiries polity with a smile as they neared Andrea.

She peered up at the three with a sweet smile before giving the nod towards Lucas and stating, "I'm here with my son."

Dean looked towards the boy, "Oh. Mind if I say hi?" he walked off without Andrea giving him a reply. Harry shook her head at her brother's behavior and heard the woman softly chuckle beside her.

She watches him for a few seconds more and figures it would probably be best to let Dean have a word with Lucas alone since he probably understood what the poor boy was going through and maybe had a better connection with kids than he realized even though he says doesn't like them. Harriet doesn't know how her brother does it or how he raised her and Sam half the time. They always have teased him about it. Maybe it was because he was an overgrown child himself. She knows that maybe someday, her big brother would make a great father and have a family of his own to look after. But, she didn't see that likely happening anytime soon, especially if they kept going the way they did searching for their father.

Having realized she'd gotten somewhat lost in her thoughts, Harriet returned her focus to the matter at hand to now see her twin brother sat beside Andrea while she had remained standing in the same spot, staring over at her older brother where he'd gone to speak with Lucas. She now sits beside Sam on the bench and is tuned into the conversation.

"Tell your friend this whole Jerry Maguire thing is not gonna work on me."

"I don't think that's what this is about," Harry responded in defense of her brother, "I just know that he can relate and wants to help Lucas."

The twins try to be delicate as they can with their questions to Andrea about the recent drownings and her husband's death.

"Lucas hasn't said a word, not even to me. Not since his dad's accident," Andrea explained just as Dean came back over to join them.