(2) Pilot: Searching

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters—no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

1st November 2005

Harriet wakes up in the backseat of the Impala the following morning, having lost a game of rock, paper, scissors against Sam after picking him up from his apartment. It only takes her a moment or so to realize where she actually was and why she was doing there in the first place. With a yawn, she recalled the events of last night. Knowing that it hadn't been in her imagination. Here they were together again, out on a hunt.

Sitting up, Harriet takes in her surroundings. Finding they are parked outside a small decrepit gas station. Dean was nowhere about, so he must be inside the gas station's store. Sam was still up front in the passenger seat, rifling through cassette tapes.

With a glance in his sister's direction and a slightly amused expression, Sam snickered, "Morning, Harry. Going for a new look today."

Oh no.

She caught her reflection in the rearview mirror and groaned in disbelief. Her long brunette hair looked as if it had got dragged through a bush backward as Sam continued to snicker, looking back to the cassette tapes. Heaving up her duffel off the floor to beside her. Harriet rummaged around for a hairbrush and hair tie. She opened the passenger door and got out to stretch her legs, running the brush through her knots. Once satisfied, she pulled it to one side and messily plaited it, securing the end with a hair tie.

Dean now makes his appearance from the store, his arms carrying a variety of junk food, "Hey! Either of you guys want any breakfast?" holding out some chocolate bars and some bags of chips.

Sam leaned out of the car and responded with slight disgust, "No, thanks."

"Do you have any pie?" Harriet asked, hopefully with a grin. If there was one thing she had in common with her older brother, it was for their love of junk food, especially pie.

Dean returned with a knowing smirk, "Of course, Harry and I got your favorite blueberry," he passed her the pie along with a napkin and a fork.

She returned him a grateful smile, "You're the best big brother in the world."

"Well, obviously," He said, passing his sister a soda and leaning against the car.

"So, how'd you pay for that stuff?" Sam now asked with a somewhat suspicious tone, "You and Dad still running credit card scams?" he continued to ask, looking through the box of cassette tapes.