(1) Pilot: 22 Years On

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters—no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

Stanford University, Present Day 31st October 2005 Halloween

31st October 2005
Halloween...

One Harriet Winchester clinked her red heels against the leg of a bar stool, getting impatient waiting for her twin brother Sam and his girlfriend Jessica, her best friend. Even Sam, in particular, hated Halloween because it was so close to the day their mother lost her life. They knew of the horrors that existed in this world. So here she sat in a university bar dressed as a devil, just for the heck of it because she still held a childlike love for the holiday, and she was going to enjoy herself.

"Wow, you're looking fine, girlfriend," her friend Sophie whistled, dressed as an overly sexy vampire in a low-cut black dress, red lipstick, fake blood drips on either side of her mouth, and false fangs.

"Looking gorgeous as always, Soph," she complimented as she sat beside her.

Let's say it was a bit ironic reminder of her past because vamps had once been a forte of hers when it had come to hunting. Only now, it was a long time ago, having since given up that life just a couple of years ago. She internally sighed. Knowing that her friends here at Stanford didn't know of her and Sam's mysterious past, they both agreed should be forever kept swept under the carpet. If they told another soul about what their family business entailed, they'd probably be committed.

Harriet has hunted every monster you could think of, ghosts, vampires, demons, and all of the above that lurked in the shadows at night. Her family had been hunting for as long as she and Sam could care to remember, ever since her mother's death 22 years ago, and whatever that thing had been, it still hasn't been found to this very day.

She and Sam never wanted this life. They just wanted to have an everyday existence. And that day of becoming normal came when she and Sam received their acceptance letters to Stanford, but it all went to a massive blowout with their dad once he found out. He thought they're going was letting down their family. Harriet frowned unhappily, recalling one of the awful nights of her life. Nobody liked to have a shouting match with their family, not even her all over the way John had gone way over the top with his reaction. He was questioning why they should live their lives hunting monsters. Why couldn't she and Sam couldn't become a lawyer or a doctor?

Suddenly she feels a pair of long-familiar arms wrapping around her and hands coverings her eyes, "Hey, chipmunk."

"Hey, moose," she turned her stool around, greeting her twin brother soon as he removed his hands. She saw her brother's girlfriend, Jessica, wearing a nurse costume while her brother was dressed in his usual everyday clothes.