(1) Wendigo: Guilt

🔷 Before you read, please remember votes and comments = more chapters—no votes or asking me to "please update" comments = no chapters. Just follow me so you know I've updated instead of asking me to. Thank you.🔷

❈•≫────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────≪•❈

It's a beautiful clear day outside in Palo Alto, California. A slight warm breeze is rustling through the trees in a cemetery, and birds are chirping happily. But the mood coming from off one Sam and Harriet Winchester is nothing but that of pain and grief, walking through an otherwise empty cemetery. They are both smartly dressed in black, Sam holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers minus roses and Harriet with her arm looped through her brothers as they finally approached the headstone.

Sam lets out a sigh, and Harriet gives his arm a comforting squeeze. On the stone, it read the deceased's name of one 'Jessica Lee Moore, Beloved daughter, January 24th 1984-November 2nd 2005.' Above it was a small picture of Jessica grinning back at them set into the stone, leaning against it was also a black and white framed photo sat between a white teddy bear and a wooden box with a crucifix leaning against the picture, there's a small American flag beside the box and three candles sitting on the gravestone; one of them being that of the Virgin de Guadalupe.

Sam glanced between the flowers he had and the gravestone taking a deep breath, "I, uh..." his sister gives his arm an encouraging squeeze, knowing that this was difficult and painful for both of them, "You always said roses were, were lame, so I brought you, uh..."

He now peered at the picture in the gravestone looked away, choking back his tears. Harriet just let her tears fall as she stared at the picture, guilt rising from within the pit of her stomach that Sam must also be feeling.

Letting go of sister for a moment, he took another step closer, "Jess...oh God..." he kneeled, placing the flowers down, "I should have protected you. I should have told you the truth," picking up the flowers, he rests them before the crucifix.

Harriet rests a hand upon his shoulder, sensing his pain and squeezing it, "We both let her down, Sam."

Suddenly a dirt-covered arm blasted out from the soil and took Sam by his wrist.

-Supernatural-

10th November 2005

Dean had watched over his siblings with nothing but increasing worry and concern over the last few days since Jessica's funeral. It pained him what they were going through, knowing that witnessing somebody you cared for burn to death and unable to do anything, but he's going to help them through this challenging time, he knows that it will take time for them to come through the other side and continue to guide them.