Facebook for Writers

Ok so you want to use Facebook to help get your story out there? There's a couple different things you can do to get the most of Facebook.

Set up an Author Page with links to your writings, a nice profile photo and cover image. You can highlight your latest work in a pinned post. Make things look nice first. You can check out well known authors' pages to see how they've set things up to get some ideas.

When you add to your work on Wattpad, share a post over on your Facebook Author page, then share that post to your personal wall or to your friends and family, wherever it applies. Try not to be spammy and share no more than two posts per day on your page. 

When someone comments on your posts, engage with them. Answer their questions, thank them for the compliment etc. Try to do this within 24 hours of their comment or message.

What to post? Well only 1/3 or your posts should be the actual promotion of your work. You can post behind the scenes photos (what your desk looks like), share quotes from stories you love, engage in chit chat, share a motivational post, share the successes of other authors in your niche etc. 

You can join groups to network and learn! There are thousands of groups for writers. Try to find one that isn't spammy and has active members and moderators. There are groups for everything from self-publishing tips to character building to promoting. Many opportunities to learn and grow.

Here are some great groups for writers:

Writing Bad

Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers

Writer's Group

Creative Fiction Writing

10 Minute Novelists

Do you have a favorite writers group on Facebook? Share the deets below :)