Engaging Your Audience

The following are general ideas that you can use on any social media or IRL to engage your readers.

1. Run a live Q&A. This can be a chat or a video chat that is scheduled ahead and allows your readers to ask questions and get immediate answers.

2. Ask for opinions. People love to chat, ask your followers if they'd rather this or that or what they're favorite xyz is. Some social networks allow you easily create polls.

3. Show off props that relate to your book. Do you have an object that is featured in your story? maybe you have fortune teller? Share a pic of tarot cards with a quote to your story.

4. Show behind the scenes of the writing process. You can show your journal or your desk. Readers like getting a glimpse of what happens behind the screen.

5. Share a quote from your book. Use Canva to make it a nice graphic. Make sure to have your book name and author name on the graphic.

6. Talk about your love of books.

7. Thank your readers when you accomplish goals or receive awards.

8. Share your reading list.

9. Share your playlist. Especially if it's what inspired you to write xyz.

10. Play games with your followers. Madlibs, word games or fill in the blanks can be a fun way to engage.

11. Compile a frequently asked question page and include at the end of your story or pinned on your socials.

What are your ideas for engaging with your readers? Share them below :)