Finding Your Audience

1. Ask your friends and family to help support you. They can engage in your posts and refer them to their friends, who in turn might share to more. Which means more exposure for you and more readers coming your way.

2. Add links everywhere. To your email signature, to your profile pages. Anywhere you can connect your social media accounts together, do it. It makes it easier for your readers to find your work.

3. Follow and like other authors or writing related accounts. You'll learn by watching their techniques and you can also engage with them in their comments which might lead people back to you. Just don't spam them, be authentic.

4. Talk about your writing. Don't be afraid to share that you're a writer in person. I know, scary. But you just might find a new reader or another writer to network with!

5. Know who your audience is. Consider who you are writing for, and then go find them where they lurk.

6. Be genuine. Always. Above all else. 

7. Post and engage regularly. Whether it be an update on your Conversations page or a new tweet. Being active in your socials makes the algorithm gods happy.

8. Be available. Respond to messages and comments, perferably within 24 hours. If people are coming to your content to chat, that's exactly what you want! So engage in a nice conversation with them. Thank them or answer their questions.

9. Don't be a salesman. Keep your social media posts 1/3 about promotion of your material and 2/3 other posts. You don't want to come across like a money hungry salesman, but like an author passionate about your favorite subjects (what you're writing about).

Do you have any tips for finding your audience? Let me know in the comments and I'll add them to the list with credit to you :)