𝟺.

This chapter is SHORT and I'm sorry, but hopefully the next chapter will be longer.

The air is chilly as Spencer approaches FBI Headquarters, and he wraps his scarf tighter around his neck

The air is chilly as Spencer approaches FBI Headquarters, and he wraps his scarf tighter around his neck. He clutches his coffee in his left hand, taking a sip of the scalding liquid. It burns sliding down his throat, a warmth bubbling in his chest from the coffee.

It's been a few days since the case, and Spencer's spent a lot of that time at home. He reads or watches foreign films or documentaries, occasionally cleaning his apartment. He doesn't have a lot of time to clean, so he likes to take advantage of it when he can.

But mostly, he's been thinking about what he had seen with Y/n and her boyfriend a few days ago. The yelling, the tense body language, how out of it Y/n had seemed—it points to something. Something bad.

He doesn't want to press her. Enough people have pressed him over the years over topics he doesn't want to talk about—his addiction, his family, his private life. He hates it. So, he doesn't want to press her. He doesn't want to think of himself as some kind of savior trying to swoop in and rescue her.

He exhales as he swipes his card and opens the door to FBI Headquarters, opting to take the stairs up to the sixth floor. He casually pushes open the bullpen doors, taking a sip of his coffee as he strolls over to his desk, removing his bag off his body and setting it on the floor next to his desk.

"Hey, lover boy!" Luke calls out to him, giving him a wide smile as he leans against Spencer's desk.

"Hey," Spencer says, grinning.

"How've you been? Haven't seen you for a few days."

Spencer shrugs, leaning back in his chair. "Prentiss didn't need me; I've just been at my apartment."

"Lame," Luke says, laughing softly.

"What, have you been doing something more exciting?" Spencer asks, throwing Luke a small smirk.

"I went on a date," he says casually.

"With Garcia?"

Luke nods, his smile growing wider. "It went really well."

"It's about fucking time," Spencer mutters, taking another sip of his coffee.

Luke laughs, punching Spencer lightly on the shoulder. "Shut up."

Spencer's attention shifts as he looks over Luke's shoulder, watching Y/n walk into the bullpen, her Dunkin coffee in hand. A long-sleeve gray sweater rests on her upper body, the front tucked into a pair of high-waist black pants. She takes a sip of her coffee, heading over to her desk next to Spencer's.

Luke follows Spencer's gaze before turning back to the genius. "Right, I'm gonna get started on paperwork."

Spencer nods wordlessly, leaning forward in his chair to open the file resting on it. His eyes flick back up to Y/n, his lips turning up at the corners.