𝟷𝟸.

warnings: mentions of dead bodies and stuff

"Are you sure you're ready?"

Y/n leans against Spencer's kitchen counter, holding her newly purchased phone. Unfortunately, she has the same number as before, which means Owen could try to reach her at any moment. Her eyes flick to Spencer's face, and she nods slowly.

"I'm ready, Spencer. I need to work," she says, her voice soft. "I think it'll make me feel a little more normal."

Spencer smiles softly, grabbing his keys. "Come on, let's go then."

It's Y/n's first day back since the incident with Owen, and to say Spencer is worried is a little understatement. He knows she's incredibly strong, and he trusts her word. Spencer had driven her to the store the yesterday, and she'd bought some new makeup to cover the bruise under her eye and on her neck, as well as some toiletries. The cut on her forehead is healing, no longer needing a Band-Aid. Then, they'd driven and gotten her a new phone. She needs one.

Prentiss had called Spencer earlier this morning, informing him that they'd gotten a case in California. He still hadn't told the team what had happened, and he's not going to. He's going to wait and let Y/n share when she wants to—if she wants to. But for now, there was a child abduction in California that they needed to attend to.

He lets Y/n exit his apartment first, following closely behind her. He locks his apartment, and the two of them head down to the street, go bags in both of their hands. Spencer had offered to drive rather than take the metro together, and she'd agreed. Spencer gets into the driver's seat, turning his car on, watching Y/n buckle up before starting his drive to headquarters.

"Do you want me to stop at Dunkin?" He asks her, turning his head to look at her before his eyes flick back to the road.

She scrunches her brows for a moment, looking genuinely surprised before she slowly nods. "Yeah, could we?"

"Of course," Spencer says, his lips turning up into a smile.

Her lips turn up at the corners, the smile staying on her lips as Spencer diverts into the Dunkin parking lot. He pulls up into the drive thru, rolling his window down.

"Could I just get an extra-large hot coffee with sugar and..." He turns to her, waiting on her order.

"A large hot coffee with oat milk, caramel, and sugar," she whispers.

Spencer smiles as he repeats the order, pulling around to the window to pay. The person at the window hands him his coffee first, then hers. He hands her the cup, and she gently wraps her hand around the container before taking a sip. He thanks the person at the window before rolling his window up and driving away.

"Thank you for my coffee," she says, taking another sip.

"Well, you always come into work with one, so I figured you'd like it."